Cleaning your truck

adam277:
I am a cab hopper. So, I always leave it in the state I find it in.
Some will say it is my ‘duty’ to clean it for the next driver. Na [zb] that. I drive a different truck every day of the week.

Same here, not gonna clean others filth.

drover:

adam277:
Some will say it is my ‘duty’ to clean it for the next driver. Na [zb] that. I drive a different truck every day of the week.

So you sit in others filth and won’t clean it - so it just gets worse and worse . I suposse no one cares and no one has any kind of standards. I’d be keeping it clean no matter how many dirty drivers I had to share with and I’d let management know who the filthy ones are - “Look at the state of this cab Gov - would you drive that ?” His answer would soon tell me whether I’m staying or walking .
Some set standards - some are just sheep doing what everyone else does

beefy4605:

drover:

adam277:

So you sit in others filth and won’t clean it - so it just gets worse and worse . I suposse no one cares and no one has any kind of standards. I’d be keeping it clean no matter how many dirty drivers I had to share with and I’d let management know who the filthy ones are - “Look at the state of this cab Gov - would you drive that ?” His answer would soon tell me whether I’m staying or walking .

I take your point, but it ain’t your job to monitor the trucks and report to the management, just refuse to take it out, right is on your side.
If everybody refused to take these unhygienic filthy mobile sh pits out,.the management would soon sort the job out…use the Health and Safety stick to hit them with :bulb: ,.they are quick enough to hit us with it when it suits.

Nah sorry mate. but I’m ■■■■ ed if I would clean somebody else’s sh up either in a random truck,.that the firm had just taken for granted that I would take out of the yard…it’s a clear illustration of how much consideration and respect they have for their drivers…NONE.

I am a cab hopper and always do the same in the morning. Give it a quick spray around and wipe down. Brush out the crap in drivers footwell, baby wipes on steering wheel and give glass/mirrors a good clean. Then stick my grace mate on the dash. 10 minutes tops. You are in a cab for 10+ hours a day I like it to be at least reasonable.

beefy4605:

drover:

adam277:

No i work for a place that actually show some respect to drivers & so units are rarely left in a mess.
Only had one in 5 years & just popped back to the office told them it needs cleaning out & I’m not driving it, gave me another motor no worries.

stu675:
Who is responsible? I mostly mean inside.

I’m more than happy to remove all rubbish and keep tidy, but am I expected to vacuum out all the road salt muck we’ve just had?

May as well extend it to how often do you get the outside washed?

Looks like it’s my job to clean away 6 yrs of grime

Not sure you’d ever get it back to decent , and to be honest it’s a day / night drivers lorry so give it a week or two & you’d be back to square one

Makes my skin crawl

A227E72E-C238-44D0-8801-990B760A520B.jpeg

adam277:

I can understand you,but if everyone refused to clean it,the rubbish will remain there indefinitly and increase too,while the guilty driver will never get caught