Cleaning up the Training Industry

I think everyone would agree that rogues are making the Training Industry a very rocky road for potential drivers looking for good,reliable and trustworthy training.

As mentioned in previous threads it is up to “US” to help change this for the better.

I would like to ask the trainers who use these forums to take some time and maybe become involved in a group that will hopefully take this forward. If you are interested please pm me and i will try to help things along, I think the first step is to meet/chat and discuss the best way to progress.

John

This is totally independant from T/Net but thanks to Rikki for permission to use the forum

Hi John

Yes, I’m interested albeit cynical. If I’m “sold” on a course of action I’m unstoppable! But I’d like an outline of what ideas you have. I wont get on board to be troublesome but, as I’ve said, if you can convince me I think you’ll find me a valuable guy to have onside.

Regards, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Whoops! I intended that to be a pm! But I’m happy for my views to be public so never mind. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete,

Being a bank holiday I don’t expect people rushing to get involved - time will tell

John

Seems like a good idea gents. Will you be contacting training companies outside of Trucknet?

Just an idea. But is there something I could do to help as a non trainer?

I am a dab hand with computers if electronic marketing is required. (or anything else that could be useful).

I will put my hand to anything that helps and is within my capabilities.

44 Tonne Ton:
Seems like a good idea gents. Will you be contacting training companies outside of Trucknet?

I would hope that the majority of descent trainers(members or not) would relish the idea :smiley: :smiley:

dar1976:
Just an idea. But is there something I could do to help as a non trainer?

I am a dab hand with computers if electronic marketing is required. (or anything else that could be useful).

I will put my hand to anything that helps and is within my capabilities.

I’m sure if things do take off your skills could prove invaluable.

Thanks

john

Just a few of my random way out thoughts … :unamused:

If I am right in saying that the brokers or midlemen did not appear until the internet was around than it would seem logical to say that the greater majority of their clients come from this.

If that is the case then the only way is to beat them at their own game by setting up one website with all the genuine schools on it and have that come up at the top of the search engine lists

I know Sean P has already done something similar but the criteria was quite strict in only allowing DSA instructors whereas what is needed is a criteria which would only allow LGV training schools that will actually do the training for the propective trainees that contact them by the instructors of the contacted school in the schools own vehicles - or wording similar to that

I would imagine that if the cost was low enough then every school in the UK would seriously consider being on that list as it would be a very cheap advertising medium

Once the likes of the brokers are out of the way then work could begin on getting all those involved on that website to perhaps agree on a code of conduct or similar

ROG:
Once the likes of the brokers are out of the way then work could begin on getting all those involved on that website to perhaps agree on a code of conduct or similar

Or a cartel??!!

bump