Cleaning and washing

For those of you out there who like to wash their own cab, can you suggest a good pre wash degreaser, something to spray on to get all the grime loose before using the power washer.

Ta much

Try a citrus prewash, TFR spray at 10:1, or snowfoam
On my car I use Bilthamber snowfoam at 10:1 (100ml in a 1ltr snowfoam bottle)

On my car I use rain and sometimes snow :smiley:

Tonymcg:
For those of you out there who like to wash their own cab, can you suggest a good pre wash degreaser, something to spray on to get all the grime loose before using the power washer.

Ta much

Ask your boss,… he should be supplying it for you. :bulb:

If your paintwork is polished and waxed, then as Pierre said, Bilt Hamber autofoam gets a good write up as a pre wash. I use Autoglym Polar Blast on my car and it’s good stuff too but will be buying Bilt Hamber when it runs out. Both these products are Ph neutral so won’t strip wax from your paint but have good cleaning power. Both these products are designed to be applied through a snow foam bottle though. Valet Pro Citrus Pre Wash might be your best bet. Same as the ones I mentioned above but this can be applied using a spray bottle. Doesn’t need to be used as a snow foam.
If you don’t have protected paintwork, then tfr should do the job too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damoq:
If your paintwork is polished and waxed, then as Pierre said, Bilt Hamber autofoam gets a good write up as a pre wash. I use Autoglym Polar Blast on my car and it’s good stuff too but will be buying Bilt Hamber when it runs out. Both these products are Ph neutral so won’t strip wax from your paint but have good cleaning power. Both these products are designed to be applied through a snow foam bottle though. Valet Pro Citrus Pre Wash might be your best bet. Same as the ones I mentioned above but this can be applied using a spray bottle. Doesn’t need to be used as a snow foam.
If you don’t have protected paintwork, then tfr should do the job too.The shiny tank brigade love you when you randomly spray neat TFR around :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

Tonymcg:

Ta much

Ask your boss,… he should be supplying it for you. :bulb:

He gets someone in at the weekends to “wash” them but he might as well just be peeing on it for all the good it does.

iirc Bilt Hamber products are quite cheap, their autofoam is around £15-£18 a gallon elitecarcare.co.uk/product/ … h-5-litre/
You can apply snowfoam with a pump spray bottle, let it dwell for 5-10 mins then pressure wash it off. If you buy any from the above link use code DW for a discount
Car-chem are another source of cheap own brand products car-chem.com/shop

whether its one of my campers ,my misses cabriolet or my rangy then its always fairy liquid if i can be assed,or the taliban when i cant…
if its the truck,then its whatevers there to be used at the time as its not my truck and not my problem.
if its a new purchase van,or wheels/engine,then neat tfl with plenty of caustic soda in it works well so long as you keep wetting the van and work from the borttom up to save streaks. :slight_smile:

Years ago I was working in the coal mines, we had a character called David on site. Now David wasn’t the brightest of characters and his daily duties inc sweeping up and doing meaningless tasks like cleaning the toilets etc.
David was constantly bullied by a chargehand who was his manager, and given jobs that he really didn’t wanna do. One day David was told to wash the gaffers car because he was off on holiday that weekend and wanted it looking nice. But despite David not being the brightest character, he was far from being stupid. What transpired was that David agreed to wash the car if the gaffer left him alone to get on with it. What the gaffer didn’t know was that David got his revenge by using a scouring pad and a tub of VIM wash the car with!!

peirre:
Years ago I was working in the coal mines, we had a character called David on site. Now David wasn’t the brightest of characters and his daily duties inc sweeping up and doing meaningless tasks like cleaning the toilets etc.
David was constantly bullied by a chargehand who was his manager, and given jobs that he really didn’t wanna do. One day David was told to wash the gaffers car because he was off on holiday that weekend and wanted it looking nice. But despite David not being the brightest character, he was far from being stupid. What transpired was that David agreed to wash the car if the gaffer left him alone to get on with it. What the gaffer didn’t know was that David got his revenge by using a scouring pad and a tub of VIM wash the car with!!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

damoq:
If you don’t have protected paintwork, then tfr should do the job too.

Planning to clear the majority of my cleaning stuff out and replace most of it with BiltHamber and AutoSmart, I don’t think either can be beaten for quality and price.

Agree with the VP citrus, easily applied using a sprayer, nothing fancy needed.

Thanks for the advise.