Claustrophobia & Nights out

Has anyone who nighted out ever experienced a panic attack? My mrs come with me before I was on the top bunk asleep I woke up and though I was under a car being ran I crapped the life out the mrs as I kicked hell out the side of the top of the cab, when I finally calmed down when I managed to find my way down of the bunk and out the wagon the girlfriend thought I was a nutter. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I’ve had atleast 10 panic attacks in lorries because of waking up and thinking wtf where am I lol.

Sorry for all the spelling mistakes there, I only just noticed them!

Had a few moments, thought the truck was moving, and leapt up for the brake pedal. :open_mouth:

You may want to consider giving up nights out mate :bulb:

OVLOV JAY:

If nights out in a truck is causing problems I would tend to agree. Personally never had problem, but I normally had to go through a check list of where am I? What day is it? Where am I supposed to be going today?

muckles:

OVLOV JAY:

If nights out in a truck is causing problems I would tend to agree. Personally never had problem, but I normally had to go through a check list of where am I? What day is it? Where am I supposed to be going today?

Yeah I’ve had that too. Trying to come out of a coma thinking where I’m supposed to be going today :smiley:

I woke up in my own bed at home this morning,thinking i was in the lorry,and was all over the place for a second or 2 as it wasnt familuar,i often waken in the truck thinking its rolling,i put it down to over tiredness,not winding down properly and change of surroundings,never had a panic attack though.

i,ve done it a few times but not for years, i used to sort of half wake up but facing the back of the cab thinking it was the front and panicking as i punched and kicked the back of the cab wall wondering why i couldnt get out, to be honest on most occasions a few pints has been consumed beforehand :laughing: but i think i,ve done it sober as well

chaversdad:
i,ve done it a few times but not for years, i used to sort of half wake up but facing the back of the cab thinking it was the front and panicking as i punched and kicked the back of the cab wall wondering why i couldnt get out, to be honest on most occasions a few pints has been consumed beforehand :laughing: but i think i,ve done it sober as well

+1, kin scary when that happens.

Never had the “where am I ?” or WTF feelings but have had the “Why am I doing this” bit.

Usually when Ive run out of hours and stuck in a grotty layby miles from anywhere with an empty gas canister and just a week old copy of the Mirror for company :smiley:

Happened to me once when I parked up for the night down a dark lane next to a graveyard :open_mouth:
I’d had a few scoops and woke up thinking I was in a coffin! Panicked like mad til I worked out where I was.

toowise:
Never had the “where am I ?” or WTF feelings but have had the “Why am I doing this” bit.

Usually when Ive run out of hours and stuck in a grotty layby miles from anywhere with an empty gas canister

and just a week old copy of the Mirror for company

:smiley:

and still cant finish the crossword :laughing:

Suedehead:

toowise:

Usually when Ive run out of hours and stuck in a grotty layby miles from anywhere with an empty gas canister

and just a week old copy of the Mirror for company

:smiley:

and still cant finish the crossword :laughing:

Lol :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: who the hell knows the answer to “who was the runner up in the wimbledon mens final in 1876?” :smiley: :smiley:

When I was tramping over in Europe I have woken up and not known what country i’m in…

according to your post you had the mrs and girlfriend in the cab in the same night■■? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

BIGRIG1:
I woke up in my own bed at home this morning,thinking i was in the lorry,and .

Dont use a Pee-Bottle.
Your Wife may not understand :laughing:

muckles:

Forget panic attacks etc, I normally have to go through a check list like that when I’m wide awake halfway down the M6 on the way to my first drop !!

OVLOV JAY:

muckles:

OVLOV JAY:

Yeah I’ve had that too. Trying to come out of a coma thinking where I’m supposed to be going today :smiley:

I still get that and I’ve been day tripping for the past four years! :smiley:

dilbert:
according to your post you had the mrs and girlfriend in the cab in the same night■■? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

oxo springs to mind

dilbert:

Nice one lol.

Some good replies in here, glad I’m not the only nutter who wakes up kicking crap out the lorry thinking I’m going to die a horrible death lol.