Claustrophobia and Earache!

Oh no I’ve had to swap my usual motor sleeper cab CF85.380 for a day cab CF75.360 as one of the guys in Wexford ran off the road into the bog. (It’s quite a common thing over here, driving around the peat bogs if you let the wheels drift off the tarmac on to the verge, it’s so soft it just ■■■■■ you in and :blush:

So as well as losing the extra space of the sleeper, I don’t do overnights but I do like to get on the bunk for a kip, hence the claustrophobia thing, which is bad enough.

I now have to drive a motor which for some reason has a quite low back axle ratio, so much so, that up against the limiter at 89kmh (old money 55mph) the engine is singing it’s head off at 1850/1900rpm, which is causing blocked ears and frustration. :angry: I’ve told the boss and he’s going to get the fleet manager to look in to it, but apart from swapping the back axle, wearing ear defenders, is there anything else I can do :question:

howatsi:
… apart from swapping the back axle, wearing ear defenders, is there anything else I can do :question:

Turn up the radio to full blast ?!?!?! :laughing: :open_mouth: :smiley:

I am not being silly or anything and u may have already looked…is the truck going into high ratio?the switch isnt back to front or anything…also it might be a idea to just have a look under the cab for any holes as this will let a lot of noise in…other than that the other way is to just say to the TM the problem u got with the truck.

run it into the bog!

BRICKBLOCKMICK:
run it into the bog!

Classic lateral thinking!!! :smiley:

:unamused: Drive A bit slower :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

BRICKBLOCKMICK:
run it into the bog!

:laughing:

Earplugs?

Wear earplugs, keep hand firmly pressed against horn, when police flash you to pull over…drive steadily into bog…

Better still, bib horn, leap out of seat and turn wheel sharply.