Classic film

Smoky and the bandit was the most classic film and the convey which made cb radio sales boost the economy in the day

10-4 good buddy

CB radio was the result of US conditions under the 55 limit and the need for trucks to run at 75 mph + to get any work done.
It was mainly a tool to relay warnings of speed enforcement activety using kit designed for the purpose ( AM sets with ‘burners’ to extend their already considerable range ).Combined with radar detection which would put GCHQ to shame. :wink:

That’s how those great films like Convoy and Smokey originated.You can add some of the car ones in the day like Gumball Rally and Cannonball Run they were all a product of their time.Great days based on contempt of authority which ain’t coming back unfortunately. :frowning:
youtube.com/watch?v=kk1vbwb6vS8

But it was a bit silly when it was transferred here as shown by this ■■■■ take.

youtube.com/watch?v=DWFgKJ_aY_U

I’ve seen both Smokey and Convoy, it’s what made me want to become a trucker ffs all those years ago as a young lad.

However…wait for it…
Best film EVER bar none is this one…The theme tune is my own personal soundtrack to life…, it plays out of nowhere everytime I jump out of my truck and walk over the truck park :sunglasses: . :laughing: :unamused:
youtu.be/h1PfrmCGFnk

And this is one of the best funniest bits I reckon, I often say it to my youngest boy. :smiley:
youtu.be/GlA35y0bGQc

I’ve watched it 100s of times since I was a kid,.I just about know the script off by heart. :blush: :smiley:
If you ain’t seen it, you ain’t lived, it’s old but it’s still bloody good.
Check it out, do yourselves a favour.

robroy:
Best film EVER bar none is this one…The theme tune is my own personal soundtrack to life…, it plays out of nowhere everytime I jump out of my truck and walk over the truck park :sunglasses: . :laughing: :unamused:
youtu.be/h1PfrmCGFnk

And this is one of the best funniest bits I reckon, I often say it to my youngest boy. :smiley:
youtu.be/GlA35y0bGQc

I’ve watched it 100s of times since I was a kid,.I just about know the script off by heart. :blush: :smiley:

Have ya a loit. :smiling_imp: :laughing:
youtube.com/watch?v=O50AMqsgAb8

youtube.com/watch?v=mLXQltR7vUQ

Carryfast:

robroy:
youtu.be/h1PfrmCGFnk

youtu.be/GlA35y0bGQc

Have ya a loit. :smiling_imp: :laughing:
youtube.com/watch?v=O50AMqsgAb8

youtube.com/watch?v=mLXQltR7vUQ

When I saw “Have ya a loit.”
I thought of
youtube.com/watch?v=PHe4tMN6IeE

hotseat:
Smoky and the bandit was the most classic film and the convey which made cb radio sales boost the economy in the day

10-4 good buddy

+1

youtu.be/jAG4XXCOj48

I struggle to think of a classic film I like.

I really enjoyed Animal Farm the cartoon
youtube.com/watch?v=2b-CMtKhTl0
amazingly dark for a cartoon released in the 1950s.

youtube.com/watch?v=C0ARmWBQIiE