Classic example

Of some of the feckless f/whits with Class 1s today…(not the guy trying to park up either)

Comes in services, parks himself up, then sits and watches a lad struggle to get in, and instead of getting his useless arse out of his seat to guide the lad in, he sits and films him in a pathetic attempt to make a ‘‘comedy’’ vid to put on you tube.
What an absolute prick. :unamused: whoever he is.
You can just imagine him fair hoping the lad was going to hit something.
Time was when there would have been at least 2 drivers jump out to guide this lad in as they see him having difficulty.
Wtf has happened to drivers eh?
Just makes me angry.
youtu.be/EugGIwn6cKU

And breathe…

Yes, it takes a special kind selfish ■■■■ to film it and then distribute it onto the net.

But, I have occaisionally got out over the decades and tried to help a struggling driver into a slot. Only to be completely ignored by them as they continue to rock the cab around, whilst helplessly gawping into mirrors which have no correlation to what they’re actually trying to achieve. Even saying ‘listen mate, I can’t help you if you don’t follow my instructions’ doesn’t work.

I just sit in my cab surfing the net, eating my butty or snoozing whilst the world carries on without me now.

Wonder how long he normally spends waiting for someone to struggle to park, and how long he spends trawling through his footage to find something ‘funny’ enough for him to decide it’s worth sharing to all 22 of his subscribers

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Who sat and filmed? Looks to me like a dashcam video (zero movement of the camera during the whole episode gives it away). Camera vehicle parked up (Cambridge services I think) and then several minutes later (probably while the driver was away having a ■■■■■/dump/coffee) the shenanigans began…

Artics are temperamental things especially having to balance tail sweep on one side v cut on the other.Either the angles all work out from the start or another time it all goes horribly wrong.
But he obviously realised that it was his blind tail sweep which was most likely to connect and do the damage and that was what was bothering him.
The container at the the end was about as good as it gets.Next time it might be his turn for a bad day at the office.

Roymondo:
Who sat and filmed? Looks to me like a dashcam video (zero movement of the camera during the whole episode gives it away). Camera vehicle parked up (Cambridge services I think) and then several minutes later (probably while the driver was away having a ■■■■■/dump/coffee) the shenanigans began…

Ok fair enough but even if that is right, why ridicule the bloke.
I personally was the world’s worst reverser up to about 2 months after I passed my test, but was glad of all the help (and patience) I received…different times.

On the other hand, a few weeks ago took a midday break in Peterborough service area just off the A1, sat beside a DHL lad having his break and the maneuvering antics were comical bordering on the ridiculous.

I’d have spent 44 minutes of me break on banksman duties because apart from one or maybe at a push two drivers who competently and smartly backed in the rest and there were many varied between hopeless and and outright menace, no way would you dare leave the motor and stroll what seems like half a mile to the service area itself cos the chances of your motor still being in one bit when you returned was unlikely.
To be fair only one chap, an older one, managed to hit the lorry on his own side whilst backing in necessitating the injured party having to force his trailer wheels up over the sleeper at the back to minimise further damage as the bloke extracted himself, but several after multiple failed attempts even with help eventually gave up and went elsewhere.
Lots of lorries parked in the coach bays, maybe risking it, maybe there’s less chance of you motor being wrecked because you are away for a much shorter time nipping into the place.

I’ll never park in that services again, me nerves won’t stand it, the DHL lad couldn’t take any more either and buggered off the second his time was up with a wave of relief, again he daren’t leave his motor unattended.

I’ve done me share of watching people in, but if what i witnessed at P’boro is the new normal then it’s a waste of time and effort, the job’s gone to hell.

When I first got on class 1 a year ago I pulled into Cambridge services and instantly regretted it due to it being rammed, a friendly foreign driver jumped out of his cab and guided me in.
See this a lot with the foreign lads.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

robroy:
Of some of the feckless f/whits with Class 1s today…(not the guy trying to park up either)

Comes in services, parks himself up, then sits and watches a lad struggle to get in, and instead of getting his useless arse out of his seat to guide the lad in, he sits and films him in a pathetic attempt to make a ‘‘comedy’’ vid to put on you tube.
Time was when there would have been at least 2 drivers jump out to guide this lad in as they see him having difficulty.
Just makes me angry.
youtu.be/EugGIwn6cKU

remember many years ago Argos magna park,Christmas… ■■■■■■ down with rain dark windy the yard was rammed.What should of been an easy manouvre turned into a mare.I asked the driver on blind side if he would pip his horn if I got to close, his reply shouldn’t be driving if you can’t get that in there… must of took 12 shunts with the help of 2 drivers who assisted me as they could see my Dilema …when on the bay fatty next door was sound asleep bless him… the one time i hoped for what comes around goes around

> robroy:
> Time was when there would have been at least 2 drivers jump out to guide this lad in as they see him having difficulty.
> Wtf has happened to drivers eh?
> Just makes me angry.youtu.be/EugGIwn6cKU

I remember my early days, I took an agency job with a Little D series Ford & a very short Scammell trailer, I think it was a biscuit company, anyways I was at a drop which was a tight 90% reverse into an alleyway, 4UCK did I struggle.

But as Rob says, the first Artic driver that came down the road saw my problem and said “They short trailers are a right pain I’ll stick it in for you if you like”, which he did, but also gave me tips for reversing a very short trailer, so I never had the problem again.

I ended up being able to put a trailer almost anywhere, and would always help a fellow - there seem to be some ■■■■■ around these days, so sad !!

I was right when I said sat night wouldn’t be enough for you rob , Sunday in the bloody services , and then on the Asda thread you’d love a 36 hr contract / job !!!
As for the op the only time I laugh is when they come in services , have 2 attempts at getting in parking slot then drive back out services ( what’s that all about ) , do they do that all the way up m6 !!! ,
I have no trouble reversing , but getting under bridges can be a struggle , so probably shouldn’t comment

dozy:
I was right when I said sat night wouldn’t be enough for you rob , Sunday in the bloody services , and then on the Asda thread you’d love a 36 hr contract / job !!!
As for the op the only time I laugh is when they come in services , have 2 attempts at getting in parking slot then drive back out services ( what’s that all about ) , do they do that all the way up m6 !!! ,
I have no trouble reversing , but getting under bridges can be a struggle , so probably shouldn’t comment

Sunday in the services??
Aye ok if you like doze, :neutral_face: but in reality I made it to Lockerbie and was back in the yard for 0700 Sun, in the house for 0800, and sat watching the early pm game of football on Sky with a cold beer, after my cooked brekkie courtesy of my lovely wife.

Made up for it this week, back in the house Saturday for 2pm, and back in tomorrow…thanks for taking so much of an interest in me anyway mate…(I think. :neutral_face: )

As for a 36 hour job, yep,.I’d go for that, and you wouldn’t?..
It must beat your continual 70+ hours grind for Stobbie ?.

I also have no problem reversing,.(and so I/we shouldn’t the time we’ve been in this job.
I don’t know about your low bridge skills, but are you managing to keep on the right side of the law nowadays, or are you still allowing them to take the ■■■■?

I dont get out and help them to be honest,unless its unusual circumstances, I only get 45 minutes break and I need it to rest.
If I’m reversing,I stop and get out and then go back a little bit more and so on.
I was at hopwood services when a stobart wrecked s drivers cab,everyone had their phones out recording,its to be expected these days

I’m no expert when it comes to reversing, but I feel I do ok. Always appreciate it if I’m struggling and someone just keeps an eye on my blind spot for me, done it a fair few times for randoms in services, always get a thank you. The way I see it for the sake of a couple of minutes at least two drivers and two companies are saved the ballache of accident reports and insurance claims, and possible broken down trucks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

robroy:

Just makes me angry.
youtu.be/EugGIwn6cKU

I don’t think it’s fair to call him a “prick”. Looks like normal dashcam recording to me, probably from having left ignition on while he’s sleeping on the bunk. Anyway I thought the Benny Hill music overlay was quite funny so send me to hell :laughing: . But what was funnier was the big stream of trucks that came trundling past after he’d got it in :smiley: - they must have been queued down the motorway slip road waiting for him to finish.

Of course the problem could have been resolved in 1/10th of the time if they’d got out to watch him in :unamused: . Even for an experienced driver those reverses can be difficult if you’re a bit rusty and you don’t have much room in front of you to play with. When I came off tippers back onto fridges it was a bit of a culture shock having to remember the tail swing everywhere and I still can’t reverse onto an RDC bay without taking 2 or 3 shunts whereas 10 years when I was on them full-time it was a piece of ■■■■. Always good to have another pair of eyes watching your tail swing for you when trying to get in or out of spot on a tight angle and I’m always grateful whoever they are :slight_smile: .

Only one thing I truly hate about this job, that’s other drivers. Honestly I’ll call out 90% as absolute 2hats.

AKW struggling to get in his yard other day,
having to turn right across 2 busy lanes on Trafford park, busy busy but alas coming the opposite direction turning left into his yard is a fellow AKW, he’s obviously going to yield to his big red and white mate who’s blocking the road behind him waiting to turn in .

Does he f**k.

Alfa1M:
Only one thing I truly hate about this job, that’s other drivers. Honestly I’ll call out 90% as absolute 2hats.

AKW struggling to get in his yard other day,
having to turn right across 2 busy lanes on Trafford park, busy busy but alas coming the opposite direction turning left into his yard is a fellow AKW, he’s obviously going to yield to his big red and white mate who’s blocking the road behind him waiting to turn in .

Does he f**k.

I’ll go along with that. Some absolute throbbed within this industry. Don’t get me wrong, they’re in all industries but maybe I just notice them more as they share the same one as me.

Fully agree with your observations on how this job has gone over the years, think we’re about same age, however I try not let it bother me what others do but still maintain my own standards on everything including courtesy to others. A very sad state of affairs when most fellow drivers don’t give the time of day, preferring to hide their face in a laptop or some such. 8 years to go and counting on my chuff chart!

robroy:

Roymondo:

Ok fair enough but even if that is right, why ridicule the bloke.

Possibly for much the same reasons you held him out for ridicule/comment here…?

More dash cam footage I met a car on the M6 coming up shap the wrong way this afternoon :open_mouth: