Classic daf trucks from the 60`s

Nice to see them sticking with DAF for over 100 years.

Wheel Nut:

The calendar has made a great leap forwards then :grimacing: I didn’t realise that we were in 2028 Good God I have been retired for 6 years then :smiley:

Daf did not start up until 1928 and then only as a workshop

Vascoingles:

Wheel Nut:

The calendar has made a great leap forwards then :grimacing: I didn’t realise that we were in 2028 Good God I have been retired for 6 years then :smiley:

Daf did not start up until 1928 and then only as a workshop

There were some pony nuts in the corner of the workshop :smiley: :blush: :blush: OK The company started in 1904

This is my old Daf. I thought it would be worth a look by some of you. I loved her more than the wife, and I knew her longer. Only kidding sorry dear.

Yes polly i had a 6x2 version in the 90s,the boss kept trying to tempt me onto newer trucks,in the end he sold it,i was gutted it was one of the best trucks i ever had,spacious,reliable,easy to drive,fantastic.

Loved the look of these old Spacecabs when they came out, Remember the white Graham Andrews Bulker?? and i remember Maguires had a very nice looking example.

Would not be popular these days though where drivers expect to be able to stroll from one side of the cab to the other without having to climb over owt :unamused:

Vascoingles:
Would not be popular these days though where drivers expect to be able to stroll from one side of the cab to the other without having to climb over owt :unamused:

And, shock horror!!!..having to MANUALLY change gear!!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

bullitt:

Vascoingles:

And, shock horror!!!..having to MANUALLY change gear!!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

heavens above all the poor little things would be queuing up at the doctors complaining of repetitive strain syndrome :open_mouth: :unamused:

That poor old girl is one hell of an ugly truck, thank god they got better with time. :laughing: :laughing:

Vascoingles:

bullitt:

Vascoingles:

heavens above all the poor little things would be queuing up at the doctors complaining of repetitive strain syndrome :open_mouth: :unamused:

Especially with that flat 28’’ steering wheel :smiley:

And not forgettin the neck ache from stoopin to see under the top edge othe windscreen!!! They were a good old tool though, in their day, my mate had a long wheelbase Dutch-spec 3300 which had been re-engined with the 373 3600 lump, it went like a scolded cat and caught alot V8 SCANIA’s out. Dont suppose it’s lasted this long though, it was ownedby Visbeens TMX 92X.

ive said it before but these dafs are my favourite id love one even today.does any one remember mick philiskirks and wheelers with the mahogany front lockers.ive got the mag with the graham andrews one in what a motor that looked :sunglasses:

Carl:
ive said it before but these dafs are my favourite id love one even today.does any one remember mick philiskirks and wheelers with the mahogany front lockers.ive got the mag with the graham andrews one in what a motor that looked :sunglasses:

Mine too Carl, although I had 3 base cabs I did drive an ex Eddom 3600 for a month or so for a mate, we were clearing Robert Maxwells orchard of windfall when he went for a paddle off the back of his Lady Ghislaine yacht

Thers some ugly brutes amongst them gert The blue & white one looks a lot like 2600 which didnt realy catch on overhere but I thought they were a decent looking truck at the time (think it was 2600 not 100%)

I bought 10 of these DAF’s from ex Army dealer near Colsterworth on the A1 when I worked for McAlpine-Preussag JV
Most of them had around 2000/3000 Kls on them, they were some of the best off road vehicles we had used. The 8
flats with cargo bodies were £7500 each & the two Bowsers were £10,000 We used them on cross country pipeline
construction, the flats we turned into Welding rigs and the two tankers delivered gas oil to the dozers and excavators
working out in the country off road. regards Big Al

HI look what i got hold of
I think it looks pretty good, lots of gears huge steering wheel, but quite a wow factor (for me anyway), That red and green 3300 spacer {B601KGU} was mine for nealy 10 years, now ive got my own lucky me. Pitty it has no front skirt and spotlights maybe someone has got one hanging around in their loft ■■ Please let me know if anyone know’s of one, any condition i will fix it. I also need a drivers seat (brown was standard) but beggars cant be chooser’s
Ta john
See ya later

HI John here
That doggy looking tractor unit 84 XB 61{RED and WHITE} I can remember Ackworth and Onward tsp running quite a few of them seem to go better then mk 3 mandator
i would guess moor comfort as well.
see ya later
John