Class2 Agency work?

Is there much work for clas2 on agency, Thought someone on here might have tried it, Want to give it a go then possibly move over to Nova but not sure if is viable as i need to make sure im getting the work :confused:

Dont want to be left with no work :blush: Im in West Yorks btw

Plenty… or at least there was. Repton is doing alot of work via agency so he might be able to put you on to a good contact ( there you go paul££)

There’s loads, it seems. I work for DriverTemps in Leeds (0113 2629999) and I guess 80% of the work I’m getting at the moment is Class2. If you do decide to sign up with them put that I recommended them to you (Paul Everett is my name) and I’ll get some dosh off them after you have done a few shifts! As I’ve said before I would recommend them to anyone and to date I’ve not heard a bad word said about them either. They seem to be one of the rare good agencies.

Paul

will do mate if i go that direction, im just worried that i will hand in my notice were ive been for nearly 3 years (multidrop) and end up with no work, Also a lot of agency work seems to be over 25 which im not quite yet :smiley: close though

You won’t go far wrong with Taskmaster in Leeds either although not sure what class 2 work is like it terms of busy-ness. Ask for Len or Tony.

Whereabouts in Ossett are you? There’s Ken (Quinny) near you and I’m just down the road on the other side of Dewsbury from you. :slight_smile:

Im Just of Station rd not far from Quinny i met him before i joined up here

danny_mk2:
will do mate if i go that direction, im just worried that i will hand in my notice were ive been for nearly 3 years (multidrop) and end up with no work, Also a lot of agency work seems to be over 25 which im not quite yet :smiley: close though

If you don’t want multidrop then you’re probably best not going for them, although it depends how many drops you need before you call it multidrop I suppose. The bulk of the Class2 work I do for them is a for a company called “Spectrum for Arcadia” who have blue DAF CF rigids with cream demountable boxes and the work is between about 6 and 18 drops a day to mostly town centre stores. It’s a bit of a nightmare for the first few runs but you eventually start getting to the stage where you’ve done them all and you know where they are and it’s quite enjoyable then.

The other place I’ve done class2 work for them recently which is in your area is Exel at Normanton and that tends to be up to 8 or 10 drops a day in nice new MAN rigids.

Paul

I dont mind multidrop work just mentioned it becouse its what im used not done all this flatbed and container stuff :open_mouth: Just curtainsider rigids with a tail lift

You are in Leeds?
see by Arlafood
A hub of central operations for Arla Foods UK plc including sales, technical, marketing and finance. Located in Leeds Valley Park, Stourton, the head office is adjacent to the company’s chilled distribution warehouse and Stourton dairy.

Arla Foods UK plc
Arla House
4 Savannah Way
Leeds Valley Park
Leeds
LS10 1AB

Tel: 0113 382 7000
Fax: 0113 382 7030

Registered in England no: 3487778
VAT no: 705321768
arlafoodsuk.com/appl/GB/gb06 … 6800654129

Don’t have anything to do with Arla Foods. Trust me I know and Alex will back me up on it too along with thousands of other agency driver’s who have done work for them.

18 drops round Lancashire or the North East in an artic is not my idea of fun as those milk cages are bloody heavy. If that’s not bad enough, you’ve got to collect all the empty cages and trust me you’ll end up fighting with them.

AVOID AVOID AVOID :open_mouth: