Class1

Why dont they just make it so you just need take a class1 lessons/test for that class. Pretty annoying doing a class that u might never use. You would be just as safe etc

What license do you have?

Pre 1997 one :slight_smile: lol

Dont no when they changed it but it use to be like that, alot of people struggle to get to grips with driving a rigid so personally i think its a good thing there are two tests.

I could understand that some would struggle. But I was think that it could be straight to class1 but not able to drive class2 untill you take that test.

Andydan:
I could understand that some would struggle. But I was think that it could be straight to class1 but not able to drive class2 untill you take that test.

Theres gonna be some serious head scratching come trailer swap time with that idea lol.

The tractor unit becomes “class 2” without the trailer.

Hahaha good point, I didnt think about that. But you see what I mean tho :slight_smile:

You used to be able to go straight form car to Class 1 as it was then but they did change all that you also used to do it with a single axel trailer there was no coupling / uncoupling in the test

Class 2 as it was used to have a straight 6 speed gear box but they dont now

Thanks. That’s interesting to know, shame they didn’t keep it like that.