CLASS1 opinions [Merged]

Hi first time posting,
I’ve been doing class 2 for nearly a year now and have always wanted to drive class 1s. Asking the opinions of a few class 1 drivers has given mixed results - some strongly advise against long distance whilst others swear by it and say I will never look back.
I do worry about getting stuck on narrow roads or stuck on small residential roads (stupid fear as I’ve not yet been in such a situation) but it’s just something that plays on my mind when I think about it. Possible anxiety issues but who cares.
ANYWAY could I have opinions on class 1 please :slight_smile:
many thanks in advance…

I’ve combined your three topics into one, then I did the tidying-up. dd. :wink: :smiley:

I love it on class 1 I’m new to both passed both mine back to back did one shift on class 2 day after passing my class 1 and I would never go on class 2 again not my cup of tea at all love driving class 1 ice been stuck down 2 narrow bendy streets which have been dead ends 2 and had to back out of them and back onto main roads with no help on my first week couple of weeks ago best thing to do is try not to panic I got out of it quite comfortably once the o ■■■■ what am I going to do bit just relax take your time and u will be fine I’m getting better and better with each day that I drive and Friday put my driving skills to the test going to carlson filtration in Barnoldswick jesus getting round Barnoldswick is an experience but I really enjoyed it and my reversing is getting better with every reverse class 1 all the way for me

I have both class 2 and class 1 licence I have only driven class 2 and I would not wish it on anyone. My advice is to not sit on class 2 go on class 1 and get payed slightly more normally, easier work less handballing. You don’t get abused like multi drop drivers! I am earning my stripes before going to class 1 but the time is nearing as I have 6 months class 2 experience now so class 1 is calling my name :stuck_out_tongue:.

I hate class 2 with a passion. Having driven god awful bin wagons I’m used to the size and manage with that OK the next step is bigger and bendier! In an ideal world is go into trunking or line haul. Point and shoot then turn and burn. Also in my magical fairy tale world if get paid well and work from 4pm to 2am lol

ash 001:
I have both class 2 and class 1 licence I have only driven class 2 and I would not wish it on anyone. My advice is to not sit on class 2 go on class 1 and get payed slightly more normally, easier work less handballing. You don’t get abused like multi drop drivers! I am earning my stripes before going to class 1 but the time is nearing as I have 6 months class 2 experience now so class 1 is calling my name :stuck_out_tongue:.

Well get on with it then Mr van driver! :wink:

Hold on, how come ash is Mr Van driver and I’m a van driving bellend?!

NickW88:

I wouldn’t worry about it Nick; at least you are higher than a snake’s belly :grimacing:

I’m not sure about that lol

NickW88:

Because he’s get his class 1 mate! :smiley:
And I’m only polite to him on here… :wink:

So it’s like that is it. Well, I’m shocked and appalled.

NickW88:
So it’s like that is it. Well, I’m shocked and appalled.

Get over it! :laughing:
Besides, I know the second you pass, you will also be teasing/motivating the van drivers… :smiley:

3rd times the charm so they have a long time to wait haha

NickW88:
3rd times the charm so they have a long time to wait haha

Pete will have his boot up your arse if you take 3 attempts, he’s very protective over his pass rate & stats.
Which makes him a good trainer! :wink:

I could feel the shame when I failed C first time. He wasn’t angry, he was disappointed! Lol

NickW88:

Because he respects me and thinks I am the dogs ■■■■■■■■! Don’t be jealous Nick :laughing:

ash 001:

NickW88:

Because he respects me and thinks I am the dogs ■■■■■■■■! Don’t be jealous Nick :laughing:

Not quite the context I was thinking of…

The idea of rigid’s is to drive them for a while so that you can admire the Class 1 Jedi Master’s from a higher seating position than a car.
Once you have completed 6-12 month’s of said CE worship, proper driver’s are pulled into artic work like the tractor beam from the Starship ’ Enterprise '.

Those who do not follow this path should bow their heads in shame. And follow a different path.

Maybe licking envelope’s or something.

Or maybe licking Windows - whilst sat in a bus.

I never wanted to be a van driver. I had van driving thrust upon me lol

Evil8Beezle:

ash 001:

NickW88:

Not quite the context I was thinking of…

You don’t have to put it in words Evil, I know don’t you worry :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:
The idea of rigid’s is to drive them for a while so that you can admire the Class 1 Jedi Master’s from a higher seating position than a car.
Once you have completed 6-12 month’s of said CE worship, proper driver’s are pulled into artic work like the tractor beam from the Starship ’ Enterprise '.

Those who do not follow this path should bow their heads in shame. And follow a different path.

Maybe licking envelope’s or something.

I agree Beaver, you have to earn your stripes I believe!

NickW88:
Or maybe licking Windows - whilst sat in a bus.

I never wanted to be a van driver. I had van driving thrust upon me lol

You wish something had been thrust upon you Nick! :grimacing:

Up in me you mean :laughing: