class one test

hi all going for my class 1 next week working for norbert dentressangle driving 26t scanias, had a broken promise of obtaining my class 1 2 years ago.with money tight had to bang on my old pars door
for the money.he has recently hung up his steering wheel.he was one of the origanal trail blazers to the middle east.working for p.i.e and ferrymasters.proper trucking he says being up on the tahir pass at minus 25. cigs and the odd ■■■■■ mag to make life that bit easyer to get through customs.smuggling stranded truckers out of turkey to get them home.this has been a very big dream of mine ever since i was a kid.its not driving a bigger wagon thats the problem its just the bloke who sits next to you on your test day.i go to bits.make stupid errors 5 attempts at my class 2.with money very tight any tips would be very helpfull for this next trail blazer.thanks lads and keep on trucking. :slight_smile:

Don’t assume you’ll have problems. Listen carefully to your trainer - he should be up to date with what is wanted. With the very greatest of respect, don’t try to get tips from your Dad - he wont be up to date although he’s certainly “been there and done it”. Enjoy the training experience and try to look forward to the test.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Everybody makes mistakes on the test. You are allowed to so when you do don’t let it blow your mind. Accept you’ve made an error and plough on!

agree with Pete just listen to your trainer if your going to b nervous your examiner will be nervous i failed my class 2 four times and passed on the fifth attempt. but passed class1 2nd time I am now working for a haulage company it all comes down to sheer determination good luck.

started my class1 today very nervy start.driving a m.a.n xxl unit pulling a 45ft curtain sider.found the gear box a bit tricky.not as straight forward as a scania 4 over 4 box.it has a button you press that dose away with the clutch.very strange to use.also has a range changer need some tips as to when is the best time to use the range changer.and what exactly is the purpose of it.thanks again every one for your support.

Ask your trainer. He should be the best person to explain this.

All the best with it. Pete :laughing: :laughing: