Class C provisional application

It seems since the paper counterpart licence is no longer valid that the DVLA has got a little lazy.
I recently sent off all paperwork necessary to add provisional onto my current licence and yesterday i got the very same photocard licence i had sent them back in the post. There was no letter enclosed stating whether the application for provisional was successful or not so very confusing.
I decided to check my licence details online here gov.uk/view-driving-licence and found the info was there. Be aware people.

Thats dumb - I will call them this week and find out how someone without internet access is supposed to know

I just think a line to confirm the categories have been added and can be viewed online would be fine, even for those without internet access.
The letter states it’s a new licence but quite clearly isn’t.

I called & DVLA are aware of this issue.

They do send out a negative if there is an issue with the medical and not successful

They are passing this onto the higher ups and will now consider either changing the D741 form or attaching a separate successful application note with it

I was a bit confused as well when I got mine back , I went online to check what categories I was allowed to drive provisionally.
Fair play to the DVLA though , I sent off my old paper licence and got my new photographic one back in a week , I was expecting a much longer wait

ROG:
I called & DVLA are aware of this issue.

They do send out a negative if there is an issue with the medical and not successful

They are passing this onto the higher ups and will now consider either changing the D741 form or attaching a separate successful application note with it

How long have they had to plan removing the counterparts for? What on earth do these ‘higher ups’ do all day? Apart from get high…er up the career ladder? :wink: