Class C Passed

Hi

Passed my Class C this morning with 5 minors so am very pleased and very relieved. What a week of ups and downs both physically and mentally, but with hard work and a bit of luck ( roads being quieter due to half term) I got the result I wanted.

A big thanks to Pete at Bassets in Tittensor for his training, if anyone is near to Bassets and are considering training then I can highly recommend them.

Also can I say thanks to ROG for taking the time to write his LGV training tips they have been invaluable to me.

Justin

Congrats mate. I passed my Class 2 with Pete too. Top bloke. Really good crowd down there. Surprise Kath didn’t murder me, all the daft questions she kept getting asked by me.

Did my class 1 with Brian.

Which examiner did you have? Pete (his surname escapes me at the mo) ?

Anyway, congratulations again. Any work lined up?

PaulNowak:
Congrats mate. I passed my Class 2 with Pete too. Top bloke. Really good crowd down there. Surprise Kath didn’t murder me, all the daft questions she kept getting asked by me.

Did my class 1 with Brian.

Which examiner did you have? Pete (his surname escapes me at the mo) ?

Anyway, congratulations again. Any work lined up?

Thanks Paul they are nice people will be going back for my C+E thought it was a good set up there and always offering a brew which is a plus.

I had Karen and she was great just what you need when the nerves are kicking in.

No work lined up yet looking to do the C+E first.

Thanks for the message

:smiley: :smiley:

jusholmes:
Also can I say thanks to ROG for taking the time to write his LGV training tips they have been invaluable to me

I put those TIPS together but they are the product of many members so credit where it is due

No problem ROG a huge thanks to everyone who contributed to the LGV training tips :smiley:

Pete Rogers. Just came to me. Wasn’t aware they had a female examiner.

If you’ve got an instructor in mind, book your class 1 as soon as you can.

I was restricted as to when I could do mine (hols) and despite asking for Pete, I got Brian, as he was the only one free. Not that I minded, I’d done my assessment drive with him, and he’s a great bloke. Sometimes it’s nice to stick with someone you already know and get on with.

PaulNowak:
Pete Rogers. Just came to me. Wasn’t aware they had a female examiner.

If you’ve got an instructor in mind, book your class 1 as soon as you can.

I was restricted as to when I could do mine (hols) and despite asking for Pete, I got Brian, as he was the only one free. Not that I minded, I’d done my assessment drive with him, and he’s a great bloke. Sometimes it’s nice to stick with someone you already know and get on with.

I’m the same as you restricted with my holidays hopefully be looking at May not to far away, it will give me enough time to get over this week :slight_smile:

Did you find work quite soon?

I was already on the 7.5s.

Gaffer told me at the interview that they only had 2 12 tonners, and he’d already got more than enough Class 2 drivers on the bank. Apparently I’d be wasting my time doing my test (was already booked in)

Test was 15th June 2012. By the end of the month, I was taking a 12 tonner out a couple of times a week, at least once into Central London. Was daunted at first, but it’s only really a 7.5 on steroids.

Every now and again we get an 18t or 26t in on hire, I usually end up in them quite a bit, doesn’t freak me out at all.

As for Class 1 work, the place I’m at isn’t ever really going to be able justify an artic, not enough to shell out on one, so I’m just letting my 2 years build up (passed Oct 12th 2012) then I’ll decide what to do.

I’m lucky that my missus earns a lot more than I do, so money isn’t my number 1 deciding factor. There is something really nice about working less than a 5 minute drive from home.

One of our long standing drivers recently jumped ship to work for Nobby D, so when he texted me to say he’d got the job, I made sure I was first in the office to put my name on his wagon.

All mine now, part of the deal is that I go where the wagon goes. Some drivers have set runs, so can go do their own drops day by day, this can mean 12t, 7.5 or even Renault Van, depending on the orders. I just stay in my motor, and go where I’m needed. Cleanest motor on the yard, nobody faffing about with my gear, knowing I’ve got a few tools, spare bulbs, tacho rolls etc and it’s hygienic means a lot to me.

What area are you from bud?

PaulNowak:
I was already on the 7.5s.

Gaffer told me at the interview that they only had 2 12 tonners, and he’d already got more than enough Class 2 drivers on the bank. Apparently I’d be wasting my time doing my test (was already booked in)

Test was 15th June 2012. By the end of the month, I was taking a 12 tonner out a couple of times a week, at least once into Central London. Was daunted at first, but it’s only really a 7.5 on steroids.

Every now and again we get an 18t or 26t in on hire, I usually end up in them quite a bit, doesn’t freak me out at all.

As for Class 1 work, the place I’m at isn’t ever really going to be able justify an artic, not enough to shell out on one, so I’m just letting my 2 years build up (passed Oct 12th 2012) then I’ll decide what to do.

I’m lucky that my missus earns a lot more than I do, so money isn’t my number 1 deciding factor. There is something really nice about working less than a 5 minute drive from home.

One of our long standing drivers recently jumped ship to work for Nobby D, so when he texted me to say he’d got the job, I made sure I was first in the office to put my name on his wagon.

All mine now, part of the deal is that I go where the wagon goes. Some drivers have set runs, so can go do their own drops day by day, this can mean 12t, 7.5 or even Renault Van, depending on the orders. I just stay in my motor, and go where I’m needed. Cleanest motor on the yard, nobody faffing about with my gear, knowing I’ve got a few tools, spare bulbs, tacho rolls etc and it’s hygienic means a lot to me.

What area are you from bud?

Sounds like you’ve got it sorted, I’m from north shropshire and been on the vans for the last 10 years happy at the moment with what I’m doing. I’m doing the lgv route so I’ve got another string to my bow as you never know whats round the corner, and cos I’m so used to the road I don’t think id like to do anything other than drive. Tho saying that you can’t compare driving a lgv to a van totally different world.

I did a couple of weeks on the vans, had to ask to go on the 7.5s, I just don’t fit into a Renault Master

Congratulations to you, Iv got my class 2 wed, Thurs and Friday schools are off here too so good to know you found it better