Class C..... Passed

Well I did it… Passed my Class C today, after four days of training and then test!

After some trials and tribulations and one dummy spitting session :blush: (due to curbs & gear boxes) I nailed it :smiley:

For something so serious, one of the best laughs I have had in a long time thanks to the instructor and my co-trainee.

I would really like to thank Martin Davidson of Metcalfes Driver training for his patience and excelent instructing qualities (big round of applause).

Day 1
Driving started well, learned gearbox, high & low range, setting off and stopping, setting off & stopping and you know the rest.
Not a bad day in all, seen as it was the first time driving a truck. As I commented to my female co-trainee its the first time I had been in a M.A.N lol

Day 2
What can I say… :blush:
Forgot everything I had been taught the previous day! Hit curbs (Durdar corner), missed gears, forgot mirrors. Only thing I could find was me dummy, so I spat it!
Pulled over and said F**k this, this aint for me, then to be told by my instructor…Chill, its a blip. So I took the mans advice and round we went again.
With my co-trainer having a good laugh at my dummy spitting, which put me at ease, and on we went. Two days off after this as it was the weekend.

Day 3
Seemed like it was all falling into place!
Good mirrors, good signals, good manovers and no dummy spitting curbs :smiley:
My co-trainee on the other hand had had a bad day like my Friday, she was told… Chill it will come.

Day 4
The day started off well, a good drive.
Then my head went up my A*se! and fell out again and I forgot everything.
Once again, told to chill. Then taken off the training route to do some nice tight corners, which did me the world of good and got my confidence up again.

D Day
My co-trainee was first to take her test, and I was left with the instructor having a coffee and Bricking it!
She came back with a smile on her face… A Pass :smiley:
Then it was my turn :neutral_face:
Started off leaving the DSA centre, all going according to plan.
An hour and seven minors later … Duuuu Daaahhhh A Pass!! :smiley:

Once again a big thanks to Martin Davidson for an absolutly brill experience. I would recomend Metcalfes for anyone wishing to train in the Carlisle area.

congrats, i’m not there with my class c yet but hope to be soon…sound the trumpets bang the drum it wont be too long till ya driving on ya own son… :smiley:

Hey,

Congrats to you and also your Co-Trainee :smiley:

Feels awesome to pass doesn’t it? :sunglasses:

Gareth

congratulations to you great feeling eh :smiley:

and also for your co trainee

so class 1 now ■■

jen x

yip class 1 next , can,t wait now :smiley:

nice one and if ya feel good now wait till ya pass class 1 ,

jen x

Good on ya. There are very few that have a perfect week. And not everyone passes first time. Great feeling when you do though.

Good luck finding work and look forward to seeing a pass on your Class 1 :slight_smile:

Well done that man :slight_smile:

Well done both of you:smile::smile::smile:

Well Mr G,
I have just joined this site that you recomended to me and its great,
I would also like to say a big thank you for your daily Blog and how you felt now I should put my side to it!(LMAO) and a great pic of the truck (Glad it was the one without me in),
Just keep your chin up and Chill out you will find a job just keep dogging them, you might want to try and go into a few places and try and sell yourself instead of a phone call or email (just a thought) it might work better!
Hope to see you soon for your C+E.
From your scared stiff Instructor LOL

Just remember its that YOU candidate that does all the hard work you just have to stick in and dont give up.

Cheers mate , hope to catch you soon for the next round lol C+E :unamused:

Carnt wait lol
trying to get your co trainee to do it as she is going to it just a case of when

Take care :smiley:

It’s good to have another trainer on here who can impart some qualified knowledge for the newbies.

Welcome

Thank you Dar,

It was Mr G who told me about this site and yep its great :smiley:
I just wish ppl would give new drivers a break as there is a lot of good new drivers out there and Mr G is one of them.

I am happy to help anyone if they want to message me.

misterg44:
… As I commented to my female co-trainee its the first time I had been in a M.A.N lol

LOL! :smiley: Nice one! I like it. :laughing:

Congratulations on passing your cat C anyway mate and good luck in finding work. Don’t forget…don’t give up. Now, go get 'em! :sunglasses: