Class C Passed…

Delighted to have passed my class C this morning :sunglasses: Test was at 08.35 so an early one but had a 20 min drive beforehand which settled the nerves a bit.

I can’t praise my instructor Sammy at Ritchies in Glasgow high enough, had never sat in a truck before Friday so to have passed today was down to him.

I’m working in a different job full time but I may look to get some agency work at the weekend to ease myself into it proper. There’s a lot of companies looking for drivers just now so I hope to pick something up.

Congratulations jimmea! What a great feeling that must be. :sunglasses: Good luck with your weekend-job hunting.

Congratulations!!

Well done!! It’s a nerve wracking hour, so easy to make a mistake, so it’s a great achievement!

stu675:
Well done!! It’s a nerve wracking hour, so easy to make a mistake, so it’s a great achievement!

Thanks all.

Yes it was nerve wracking! Even more so going into rush hour traffic and the school runs at the same time. I was held in traffic for a bit then off onto the M8 & M80 for a spell, some back country roads then city streets and back to the depot. I was further delighted when the examiner said he couldn’t find fault with any part of my driving so that was a further boost.

As I stated above I’ll try and ease myself in via an agency to gain some experience.

PASSING C.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Thanks ROG

jimmea:
Delighted to have passed my class C this morning :sunglasses: Test was at 08.35 so an early one but had a 20 min drive beforehand which settled the nerves a bit.

I can’t praise my instructor Sammy at Ritchies in Glasgow high enough, had never sat in a truck before Friday so to have passed today was down to him.

I’m working in a different job full time but I may look to get some agency work at the weekend to ease myself into it proper. There’s a lot of companies looking for drivers just now so I hope to pick something up.

Well done!! I just passed my 3 theory tests this week and been speaking to gtg about dates for practical class c, but they couldn’t give me anything concrete, they will get back to but reckon May is earliest dates.

I’m going to speak to Ritchie’s and see what their time frames looks like as keen to get it done sooner. I don’t think Ritchies include the cpc test, I could be wrong, which drew me to gtg initially. I’ll be struggling to get a week off work for practical training then another week for cpc but needs must.

I’m in same boat as yourself, I have another non driving job but hope to make the jump into driving this year. There seems to be lots of varied agency jobs so good luck in your job search!

GlasgowJim:

jimmea:

Well done!! I just passed my 3 theory tests this week and been speaking to gtg about dates for practical class c, but they couldn’t give me anything concrete, they will get back to but reckon May is earliest dates.

I’m going to speak to Ritchie’s and see what their time frames looks like as keen to get it done sooner. I don’t think Ritchies include the cpc test, I could be wrong, which drew me to gtg initially. I’ll be struggling to get a week off work for practical training then another week for cpc but needs must.

I’m in same boat as yourself, I have another non driving job but hope to make the jump into driving this year. There seems to be lots of varied agency jobs so good luck in your job search!

Ritchies do the CPC mod 4, I took the weeks driving and paid for the mod 4 for too which they give you a great discount on as your doing the training with them.They train and test you on it. I also tried GTG but found them to be be a bit vague on dates and prices, phoned Ritchies who booked me in there and then, told me exact cost and what to expect.
I would certainly recommend them.

jimmea:

GlasgowJim:

jimmea:

Ritchies do the CPC mod 4, I took the weeks driving and paid for the mod 4 for too which they give you a great discount on as your doing the training with them.They train and test you on it. I also tried GTG but found them to be be a bit vague on dates and prices, phoned Ritchies who booked me in there and then, told me exact cost and what to expect.
I would certainly recommend them.

Yeah I found gtg very vague as well. Thats interesting about the CPC mod4 training, I will give defo Ritchies a call.

jimmea:

Good on ya mate - to have passed 8nbso little time means you’re quite good on the truck. I was thinking you could join a company first and get them to train you up a bit IF you’ve not been driving trucks before, and they’ll steer you straight but agencies want wham bang straight into it. So if you’re up for it good on ya! But a company might give you time to settle in and get used to “working” with the lorry.

Thanks Mate.

Truth is though that I can’t get any work! As I mentioned in another post I work Mon-Fri in an NHS job (non driving) which I’ve been in for 20+ years, I’ve signed up with 4 agencies in the hope of getting some weekend work but they’ve all said the same things in that it’s quiet and lack of experience etc. I’m very reluctant to quit my job as I’m wary of not getting work and having bills to pay.

I’m now asking myself was it worth it? Maybe I should’ve went straight for the class 1 as there’s not a lot doing for class 2 around here for me.

jimmea:

Congrats I passed my C + E with them on Friday.

Sure I was out with Sammy for a day because our instructor was doing mod 4 tests.

Newstart90:
I passed my C + E with them on Friday

PASSING CE ARTIC.jpg
PASSING CE WD.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif