Class C next week

well the time is looming closer… I start my training next week with elmet driver training and I proper cant wait . doing 3 days andthen the test on the 4th day which is a Friday :open_mouth: any advice or tips ? I really really really want to pass and get out of the job im in. I havnt done my mod 2 yet either is that a problem.? what is the pass rate for first time passes on class C ? cheers all

No national or area figures for 1st time pass rates but each provider may have their own

Have you read the pre training tips in my link below ?

Can do CPC theory and practical after test if you want. Obviously can’t work though until they’ve been done.

Done my mod 2 but was planning on doing hiab before mod 4.

Good luck with training, can’t wait to sort mine out but got some tattoo work to finish.

ROG:
No national or area figures for 1st time pass rates but each provider may have their own

Have you read the pre training tips in my link below ?

i hadnt. but im going to now :smiley:

JS8576:
Can do CPC theory and practical after test if you want. Obviously can’t work though until they’ve been done.

Good luck with training, can’t wait to sort mine out but got some tattoo work to finish.

cheers mate cant wait although im nervous at same time. always wanted to do a driving job but fell into sales work and never escaped!! but now finally taking the plunge :smiley:

Knock yourself out. Statistics galore on pass rates by age, gender etc.

gov.uk/government/statistic … pass-rates

Oh, and good luck. Enjoy the training and hopefully your new career also…

The best tip is to listen carefully to Paul. If anything isn’t clear, ask.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Best of luck pal! :smiley:

If you take it slowly, and then a bit slower again, you can’t go wrong! :grimacing:
I barely made it out of the training centre! :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:

If you take it slowly, and then a bit slower again, you can’t go wrong! :grimacing:

But you couldn’t find your own arse with both hands

PaulNowak:

Evil8Beezle:

But you couldn’t find your own arse with both hands

I found the trailer I rammed into earlier today! :smiley:

iv read through the training tips and tbh it has helped a lot ! gearbox is my main worry… for one I drive an auto at the min so getting in any manual feels a bit strange even in a car lol… I did fairly well on the assessment drive other than selecting 7th instead of 5th a time or 2. but found it hard to grasp approaching roundabouts, going round corners etc in 5th. but I spose its only going to be alien until you start doing it all the time. im not overly worried but nerves can always get the better of you on test day especially ur clutch leg shaking uncontrollably :laughing: :laughing:

BigRob25:
clutch leg shaking uncontrollably

Keep your heel on the floor

JS8576:

There’s nothing stopping you doing things that way if you wish, though you cannot collect any DCPC hours from the lorry loader course towards your first 35 hours of periodic training unless you have passed Module 4. The only exception is if you have expired grandfather rights and have never had a DQC, for example by having C1 on your licence from a pre-1997 car test pass, in which case you can take 35 hours of periodic training for your first DQC instead of Modules 2 and 4.