Class c lifting axles

Not had any training on these as the vehicle I’m learning in doesn’t have one, however I’ve noticed that a number of the larger class c vehicles on the road do - is there anywhere online I can find out a bit more about the use of these or if anybody here has experience with use of them?

Thanks

Luke

YouTube ma boy , YouTube!

Until you get one in the flesh, that’s all there is !

dcgpx:
YouTube ma boy , YouTube!

Until you get one in the flesh, that’s all there is !

I’ll have a look on there. Probably thinking ahead a bit too much but don’t want to go on my first job (hopefully next week) and be faced with one.

Thanks

Luke

Hi Luke.

I can’t speak for other makes but myplace has 2 x Volvo Fe with lifting axle. with ours the is no need to worry as the dash will say if it needs to be lowered. Ours lower either way once you put a load on. you can lift the axle with the dash button, which i do when needing to do some tight reverse and save on trying too twist the tyres off the rim.

i doubt you will override by accident. sometimes it will take a few mins for the air to get through but it should go down. (nudge , nudge).

lift axles can be very handy if dropping on a muddy site, by lifting or reducing the lift axle on a wet muddy site you can get better drive from the drive axle and prevent wheelspin.
hope this helps a bit mate.

cheers
Smudge

well said above, they are fully auto, it comes down when needed and goes up again if not, sensor on the drive axle suspension knows when the axle is 8-10 tons and lowers the lifting axle to compensate, hence the term compensating mid lift or tag axle if behind the drive axle.

the in cab button may save your bacon as mentioned above if you struggle for traction, combined with the diff lock you can find grip where you thought you had none and save the awkward phone call to depot moments!

smudge837:
Hi Luke.

I can’t speak for other makes but myplace has 2 x Volvo Fe with lifting axle. with ours the is no need to worry as the dash will say if it needs to be lowered. Ours lower either way once you put a load on. you can lift the axle with the dash button, which i do when needing to do some tight reverse and save on trying too twist the tyres off the rim.

i doubt you will override by accident. sometimes it will take a few mins for the air to get through but it should go down. (nudge , nudge).

lift axles can be very handy if dropping on a muddy site, by lifting or reducing the lift axle on a wet muddy site you can get better drive from the drive axle and prevent wheelspin.
hope this helps a bit mate.

cheers
Smudge

Thanks. I’ll do a bit of research tomorrow. Hoping it’ll be that straightforward on other makes!

they are all the same, just be careful in an Iveco because if you press it too hard it might fall off! Either the switch or the axle!

Quite clever how it works been watching some videos today :smiley:

Watch your tail swing even more when the axle is up.

Paul :smiley:

elmet training:
Watch your tail swing even more when the axle is up.

Paul :smiley:

+1 :laughing: