Class C Journey so far

hi all

didnt have time to post yesterday so here it is today…

yesterday… well im not sure what to say. i got there about 8 oclock and set straight off and got out on the road. felt good to be out doing what i want to do but everything felt very alien, didnt feel like i was getting to grips with anything. so this went on for 3 hours ish i was picking up a bit but i was mentally knackerd by then and started making mistakes. nothing too major other than scrubbing a kurb a little. tbh i felt glad to be back to the training yard as i felt i had done everything wrong lol ! trainer brilliant though told me i did absolutely fine and nothing to worry about. its in my nature to put myself down. i hate not being instantly good at something lol.

Day 2 - felt really apprehensive this morning because i didnt think i was taking anything in. today was really strange as i made a couple of absolute balls ups !! but suprisingly i felt like i had come on leaps and bounds. started to feel the way that i wanted to. im by no means there yet but i felt like if someone threw me the keys to that truck and said drive it from point A to point B i could actually do it ! Tomorrow is my final day of training and not too sure how i feel about it ? is 3 days (12 hours ) enough ? who knows i suppose time will tell. but if i improve how i felt i did today i will be confident going into the test

12 hours? For a complete newbie? It’s a tall order but it is do able.

When I learned I did 4 days of 5 hours then test on the Friday.
Is what your having enough? You’ll find that out after your test.

well its 3 days 4 hours on each day. then around 1 and half hours before my test

I went into it as a newbie, never driven anything bigger than a car before and did 4 days of 3.5 hours and then test. Granted I failed but that wasn’t due to lack of instruction it was just me having a ■■■■ day lol

yeh im definitely not apprehensive due to training. ive learnt everything i need to i spose its all on me

I didn’t have any time on the day in the wagon before my test which I’m 50/50 as to wether it was a blessing or a curse. I’ve got an hour before on my retest, but won’t have touched a wagon for 7 weeks!

I was a complete noob biggest I drove was a transit I did 17 hours in training passed 1st time. I’d personally say if your driving an automatic 12 hours is probably enough I was driving split shift gears 4x4 and it was the gears I was having most problems with so I’m personally glad I didn’t have any less driving time. But that’s just me [emoji3] good luck I’m sure ull do absolutely fine [emoji106]

not driving auto im doing it in manual :slight_smile: not sure what u call the gear box lol there is 8 gear 1 to 4 then nock it over 5 to 8… i definitely plan on passing first time lol but guess il find out friday

Knock boxes are the best manuals. Can be rough housed too!

i dont mind the gearbox at all tbh. my only gripe is with myself after knocking it across putting it into 7th instead of 5th :angry: :angry: on flat roads and down hill can get away with it. dont get me wrong iv only done it a few times but one of them was uphill today… ooooooops

BigRob25:
i dont mind the gearbox at all tbh. my only gripe is with myself after knocking it across putting it into 7th instead of 5th :angry: :angry: on flat roads and down hill can get away with it. dont get me wrong iv only done it a few times but one of them was uphill today… ooooooops

When you knock it over, fith normally straight forward. Sounds like you’re pushing it all the way to the right before pushing it forward.

You did well mate, sounds about right! :smiley:
Better than I managed with a manual box on my first day. Pete changed me to an auto for the second day. :blush:

I had the same lesson set up as you, with a 2 hour lesson before the test. (you say 1.5 hours…)

So yes it is enough and doable, as I passed first time! :grimacing:
Don’t be perturbed by feeling knacker after a 4 hour lesson, as I’m sure it’s the same for all if they are concentrating properly.
I was also concerned that I wasn’t getting up to standard quick enough, but when test day came (preceded by a couple of hours to warm up), it just went like a dream. Calm, alert, fresh and relaxed.

Best of luck pal! :smiley: