Class C, Failed again

Well i had my 2nd attempt at the class c test this morning at Bradbury Test Center. All started great with Q&A’s & a flawless reverse in the centers off road area. Then off onto the road. Again all went well untill i was told to go straight on at the lights but to stay in the left hand lane. Well that’s where it all goes ■■■■ up. Instead of following the road to the left i went right (see image) by mistake causing a car to brake & swerve & therefore i had a serious fault & the failed test. Apart from a couple of minors for not checking over my shoulders when moving off the rest of the test was no problem.

As you can imagine i am gutted purely because it was a stupid mistake & soley down too a lack of concentration.
However i will be back for a 3rd attempt in two weeks so hopefully i will get the same route & examiner & ace it.
To be continued…

Bad luck pal, but at least you know what you did wrong!

Better luck next time and keep your chin up!

Took me 5 times keep going mate

Yep. Struggled to pass at Bredbury myself mate. Stockport is a very difficult area in terms of traffic and very busy roundabouts.

Portwood roundabout in particular quite stressful. Don’t worry mate, you WILL get there.

Look forward to the day where it doesn’t matter if you make a lane error.( Passed test ). We all do it from time to time, especially in an area you don’t know. A quick indicate and good mirror work always sorts it out.

Failed mine a couple of days ago after hitting the dreaded voodoo curb, was down for a few but i’m going for it again in the next few weeks…

Persistence overcomes resistance!! :smiley:

It took me 4 goes and ive just had 2 weeks of training at bidvest and ive been told my driving is perfect. Just put it out of your mind and get straight back in for it, i know it costs a fortune but its the only way

If it’s something you really wanna do you will get there.
It took me 2 tests to get class C and 3 test to get class CE.
Was once told by the trainer at bowrings transport I would never make it as a hgv driver.
10 years later working as a Driver/Mentor on adr tankers, so stay positive and you will get there.

Hank Hill:
Was once told by the trainer at bowrings transport I would never make it as a hgv driver.
10 years later working as a Driver/Mentor on adr tankers, so stay positive and you will get there.

You got to wonder if people who have to take their tests more than once to pass, don’t end up being better drivers…

Sadly, it’s not a hypothesis that can really be tested.

Currently I don’t have a leg in any camp, but give it a week (once I’ve done my test) I’ll have an opinion! :wink:

Evil8Beezle:

Hank Hill:

You got to wonder if people who have to take their tests more than once to pass, don’t end up being better drivers…

Sadly, it’s not a hypothesis that can really be tested.

Currently I don’t have a leg in any camp, but give it a week (once I’ve done my test) I’ll have an opinion! :wink:

The main thing is to take board the points that the examiner failed you on and address these, also easier said then do but try and have a relaxed drive listen to instructions given and make sure you read road signs and road markings.

Thanks for the pointers Hank, hopefully I shouldn’t have too many problems with doing what I’m told, as I know i’m an idiot, so expect to be told as much! It won’t worry me in the slightest, as passing comes way before any ego! :smiley:

I’ve read on a couple of threads about talking aloud during the examination about what your thinking as your driving. You got any thoughts on that?

P.S. I did an ADR thread on here a few days back, so please add to it if you have any thoughts/opinions on that… (I think DieselDave is mulling over the idea of an ADR FAQ post based on it. So might be the right time to share your tanker knowledge if you choose, which gets a brief mention at its current end)

Is that Bredbury or Bradbury? I’ve been around that area, In Stockport world [emoji6], most of today and some routes are a pain !

Lane changes in short space and I don’t know area so oops to drivers I’ve slowed !!

Go for it again and best of luck! You’ll nail it and laugh about it all later !

Failed my C+E at Bredbury twice so took 3rd test in Atherton which was much easier route

Similar to me zigzag. 3 failed C at Bredbury, then went to Red Rose at Bolton and flew through. Stayed with RR for CE and passed 1st time. 100% success vs 100% failure lol.

Interestingly in 2014 (latest figures I can find) Bredbury was the 2nd lowest pass rate test center in the country, at 40.5% pass rate. The national average is 54.3%
That may be skewed by the fact it is also one of the busiest test centers too, conducting over 2100 tests during the period, and in general busier centers tend to have slightly lower rates.

We must remember that stats work both ways, and 850 people did manage to pass at Bredbury last year, so crack on!

Large goods vehicle (LGV) driving test data by test centre - GOV.UK if anyone wants to muse on the stats further!

You’ll nail it next time Stevieblue

3rd time lucky and all that :wink:

I stupidly failed my first Class C for not stopping at a stop sign at a junction which was over 90 degrees and was so busy concentrating on the turn that I didn’t come to a complete stop ! (Passed the second time no problem)

Cheers peeps, all the comments & advice make me even more determined to crack it next time. I know it is well within my grasp & i just need to focus on the task at hand instead of worrying weather i have performed a particular manouver correctly or not.
The frustrating bit is whilst i am out with my instructor i dont make a single mistake, its just having a stranger watching my every move that seems to make me nervous & on edge.

Took me 3 attempts, just keep at it mate. That old expression of falling off a horse and getting straight back on is right in the button.

You know what you did wrong, other wise a good drive. Put it all down to experience and try again Asap.

I also failed first time, but the mistakes you make you learn more from, it sure won’t happen again. Treat the next test as your first only this time you’ll be more experienced, everyone makes a little mistake now an again, the man who never made a mistake, never made anything, good luck.