class 3

can someone remind me what the reclassifications are was class 3 changed to what is now class 2 ie rigids? its just nightfrieght are avertsing class 3 drivers and its hurting my head trying to think and the search thing came up with every post with the word class in it :frowning:

I do believe it is 7.5 tonne? I stand to be corrected… :blush: :blush:

yea clss 3 is now c1

class 2 it c

and class one is the big boys

Clarky:
I do believe it is 7.5 tonne? I stand to be corrected… :blush: :blush:

This is probably what they’re advertising for although I don’t think the categories correspond exactly. I asked this a few years ago so I’ll try and find the thread.

garnerlives:
can someone remind me what the reclassifications are was class 3 changed to what is now class 2 ie rigids? its just nightfrieght are avertsing class 3 drivers and its hurting my head trying to think and the search thing came up with every post with the word class in it :frowning:

no prob -

Old HGV class 3 (rigid with 2 axles) & HGV class 2 (rigid with more than 2 axles) is now C

Old HGV class 1 (artic) & W&Ds are now C+E

3.5 tonnes to 7.5 tonnes (I think this may have been HGV 4 but not sure) are now C1

A question somebody asked me, and I didn’t know the answer to was this:- Does one need to progress through Class 3 to Class 2, or can somebody go straight in to Class 2 ?

HGV class 3 over 7.5T two axles
HGV class 2 more than two axles
HGV class 1 articlulated over 7.5T
HGV class4 articulated under 7.5T

When the change over happened HGV1 WENT TO C+E
HGV2 were given C+E but with a restriction to drawbar only trailers
HGV3 became cat C
HGV4 became Cat C1 + E

if only these companies would use terms newbies understand
LGV C+E = artics and wagon & drags basically above 7.5
LGV C = rigids

therefore

HGV 2 or 3 now = C licence
HGV1 & HGV 2 or 3 with trailer needs C+E

Ragnarok:
A question somebody asked me, and I didn’t know the answer to was this:- Does one need to progress through Class 3 to Class 2, or can somebody go straight in to Class 2 now?

Read my post above yours and you will see why your question cannot be answered as you have put it - sorry :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Ragnarok:
A question somebody asked me, and I didn’t know the answer to was this:- Does one need to progress through Class 3 to Class 2, or can somebody go straight in to Class 2 now?

If you’re over 21 you can go straight to cat C, you don’t need to pass the C1 (7.5t) test first.

The LGV driver’s licence is divided into four categories:

Category C1 (Class 3) allows the holder to drive a vehicle with a maximum authorised mass (gross vehicle weight) between 3.5 t-7.5 t (3500 kg - 7500 kg) with a trailer up to 750 kg maximum authorised mass. This licence can be obtained at 18 years of age

del

Part Timer:
HGV class 3 over 7.5T two axles
HGV class 2 more than two axles
HGV class 1 articlulated over 7.5T
HGV class4 articulated under 7.5T

When the change over happened HGV1 WENT TO C+E
HGV2 were given C+E but with a restriction to drawbar only trailers
HGV3 became cat C
HGV4 became Cat C1 + E

Not quite - HGV 2 & HGV 3 were both given this

mrpj:

Ragnarok:

If you’re over 21 you can go straight to cat C, you don’t need to pass the C1 (7.5t) test first.

AGE 18 from Sept 10 this year

and class one is the big boys

gonna show this to the wife she says i am not :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you cant do a class 1 2 or 3 now
its rigids or benders
starting with a rigid then you do a bender
theres nothing to say you cant do it all in the same week

Lets get one thing very clear in this thread -

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CLASS 1, 2, 3 or 4 nowadays

Once the notion of the old HGV classes has been removed from the mind then all becomes clear.

The old HGV class system is used by those who have been in this industry for a long time and I can’t blame them as they were brought up with that terminology.

hitch:
its rigids or benders

does that mean gazza has his C+E licence?

i only ask cos he’s been on a bender for the last ten years!

class 3 is the same as class 2 now, Category C+E, for large rigids,C1 for medium goods vehicles. C+e Artic for the bigger stuff.

Giblsa:

hitch:
its rigids or benders

does that mean gazza has his C+E licence?

i only ask cos he’s been on a bender for the last ten years!

DEFINITELY as he is pARTICular to a tipple :exclamation: :exclamation:

ROG:
DEFINITELY as he is pARTICular to a tipple :exclamation: :exclamation:

groooooaaaaannnn

oh rog! tut tut

:laughing: :laughing: