Class 2

Hi all
That,s me got my course book for next week ,any advice from anyone who has done theirs recently would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Craig

don’t over think it. It’s nothing like driving a car. stay cool and you’ll be fine :smiley:

The key is to observe well and plan ahead

Give yourself space and time to control each situation

Its not a race

PS - its LGV C - the old HGV classes went out in 1990 - that’s 24 years ago now - blimey don’t time fly !!

ROG:
The key is to observe well and plan ahead

Give yourself space and time to control each situation

Its not a race

PS - its LGV C - the old HGV classes went out in 1990 - that’s 24 years ago now - blimey don’t time fly !!

Wise words right there.

As ROG said take your time plan ahead and get your approach speeds rights in plenty of time. Listen to your instructor and if in doubt ask again. Use your mirrors like your life depends on them, over emphasise looking in your mirrors so your test examiner knows your looking in them, don’t just move your eyes move your whole body and don’t forget your blind spot. And think BIG

As always good advice from above. To be honest ROG is a great man for advice.

Passing this test is not the most difficult thing. However there are 2 things you need.

1. Some natural driving ability. Without this it is still possible to pass but not without a few attempts. Any skill can be learnt but natural ability is so much better.

2. Mental stength. - Without this it is almost impossible to pass. This covers the ability to overcome test day nerves and turn that into excitement/the buzz of the challenge. It also mainly covers the gift of concentration. With over 30 years experience I know this is the most important aspect of passing the test. Concentration Concentration. Do not think about the test outcome during the test. That wastes precious moments you could be studying the road ahead. The most vital moments of the test are the next 30 seconds not what has happened 5 minutes ago or what might happen in the next 5 minutes. The next 30 seconds are so important.

To summarise (1) about 40% (2) Truthfully, nearly 100%

If you fully understand this post, failing is not an option.

Thanks Guys
I,ll keep you posted,my course starts on Friday 7th with ritchies in Glasgow

Thanks again craig