class 2 work

First and foremost I would like to say a big hello

After been reading post on here while and passing my class2 recently I have finally decided to join up.
Now Im going through the no experience stage and wondering what the hell can I do to get some work any suggestions would be apprieciated, agencys,companys etc

PS Harry monk legend here and on hpc website real positive chap :smiley:

Hi. Welcome to the mad house.

Congratulations on passing recently.

I am in the same boat. Passed in late October and still no work. I have been applying to agencies and local companies. That is what I would suggest. Take what you can to get the experience and build up.

You don’t mention your age. If you are under 25 or have any endorsements on your license it will not help as the insurance companies will not give you standard cover and you will have to work harder to convince the potential employer that you are worth the extra risk.

Good luck.

Dean

hi…sonny jim passed his early december…same prob but dont expect to go straight into class 2 work…you need to register with as many agencies as possible in your area[30 mile radius]…our experience finds one in five agencies are actually ok…he has 3 out of 20 that offer him work…take anything they offer,vans.7.5 ton etc… apply for any and every driving job you see…you have to take the crappy end of the stick to build a reputation…loads of experienced lads out of work at the minute…its uphill and soul destroying but after 4 months sonny jim has landed a 2yr contract on half right money…albeit 7,5 ton work but paying more than alot of class 2 work out there at the minute…best of luck and keep your chin up…cheers,stu

Hi, you just got to keep plugging away at the agency/companys till you get one,what i did before i past my class 2 was to work for various agency’s doing van/7.5 t work so they got to know me,i passed on a friday and on the monday i was driving a 26t round london,the agency was desperate for a cllass2 driver all i had was my pass certificate as dvla had my liecence.What i also found was the smaller agency’s would give you a try because they would not pay as much and a lot of drivers would not go there but once you had done a bit of driving the better agency’s would give you ago, It does seem the game has changed abit from when i passed which was only 4 years ago but you got to keep on trying ,all the best.

its a horrible catch 22 situation with this i find…

they want new blood into the profession, yet they dont want anyone new due to lack of experiance!

how the hell do they work that out?..

the best way i found (and what i did having had my licence over a year now so i have been in this boat)

sign up to as many agenceys that will take you on under the 2 year minimum…take ANYTHING they offer you, as it will all add up, and annoyinly (depending on your situation) is apply for jobs that payless then you are after, 9/10 if they pay isnt that good they are less fussy, stick it out for a little while then change,

its all really annoying!

i got lucky and was offerd a van job with the odd bit of truck driving (london based multi drop and i hate that, but needs must)

stuck to that for a while, and the truck work increased, untill i was the main person to replace anyone who didnt turn up…

now im back into doing what i like, which is international long distance, differnt location everyday, in a big double bunked merc! so it does pay off after a while

best thing i could say to you mate is email as many companies as possible explaining ur situation. I only passed in october last year and regardless of your age if you sell your self they will offer you something if needed. Take me for instance i am only 24 years old and have no exprience but emailed loads of companies and pot luck i now havbe a job hehe!!! Also did my hiab so currently driving 26t round its great, 31ft long its huge only started yesterday so just getting used to it!! experience and age is nothing pal, do yourself a gud cv and try and get as many tickets as possible mate!!! Good luck

^^ that man speaks sense.

Top Lads thanks for all the replys gonna email loads of companies and agencys and take anything they offer me Thanks again

yep can only say what others of said and dont get dispontant you only need one to give u a chance and it will come so just dont give up !!!

good luck with the job hunt

Jx

let us know how it goes dude!

off topic but aslo jennie, i see you are too from sunny berkshire!..not slough i hope?..

thats where i reside!..yukky place! =( ill give you a toot if i ever see you about the place =p

no not slough although did do my training there with coates im from Thatcham do go up there quite a lot as hubby works in slough at citreon so pop in for a coffee now and then when coming back from airport run (i drive a taxi too !)
you wont miss me name plastered on top of veh !

jx