Class 2 work north east

Hi all my son has just passed his class 2 so is new out the box does any one no any company’s taking on in the north east

Cheers for any info

I was in the same boat two years ago. Best advice I can give is to sign up to as many agencies in the area as possible and take whatever work they give and use that as an opportunity to get his foot in the door somewhere. Unless he is extremely lucky he will be offered the work which no one else wants which means handball, handball and more handball. Probably for food service companies like Brakes, P&H, 3665 etc or home deliveries for IKEA on 7.5t. (Don’t sniff at 7.5t initially). The work will leave him knackered and wanting to jack it in but if he can stick it out for the experience for a few months more doors will open and he can move onto better things and start to think about progressing to class 1.

If he is lucky to find the right company they may even put him through it. Also try contacting the foodservice companies directly as they usually give new starts a chance (They did with me) as they have a high turnover of staff. Wages are good (for North East standards) but it is proper hard graft that leaves you knackered by the end of the day.

Fresh freight on Team Vally ( in fruit & veg market )

SR Transport in Washington

Both have C will take new passes both have been know to train up to CE

Canute have a depot on team valley…

What area of the North East?

Hope nobody minds me tagging on to this one. First post and all that. I’m in North East and considering this as a career change to avoid being dragged kicking and screaming into an office.
Interested to know of anyone who would take newbies particularly Aycliffe Industrial Estate as that is walking distance for me and of course any that may train to Class 1 as well.
Pay is an issue as well. Dont mind putting in more hours than current job I’m trying to get out of as long as good chance of pulling in about £25k in a year…unless the missus gets a nice promotion

£25k is achievable as a new pass but be prepared for long hours,possible nights outs and the chance of alot handball being involved.

In and around Aycliffe there are a handful of options you could try.Firstly there is Fracks in Aycliffe who do general haulage.Uk long distance and nights out.They run a mix of flat and curtainsider Class 2’s.Go to there yard behind Thysenkrupp Tallents and ask to speak with Stan.Then you’ve got Stillers in Aycliffe,Allinsons in Darlington and Katems in Spennymoor.All run Class 2’s on pallet network deliveries.Lastly there’s Turner Price who have at least a couple of vehicles stored in Stillers yard.Its Foodservice work though so be prepared for some physical graft.

BeakFreak81:
£25k is achievable as a new pass but be prepared for long hours,possible nights outs and the chance of alot handball being involved.

In and around Aycliffe there are a handful of options you could try.Firstly there is Fracks in Aycliffe who do general haulage.Uk long distance and nights out.They run a mix of flat and curtainsider Class 2’s.Go to there yard behind Thysenkrupp Tallents and ask to speak with Stan.Then you’ve got Stillers in Aycliffe,Allinsons in Darlington and Katems in Spennymoor.All run Class 2’s on pallet network deliveries.Lastly there’s Turner Price who have at least a couple of vehicles stored in Stillers yard.Its Foodservice work though so be prepared for some physical graft.

Cheers BeakFreak81. Pretty much what I was expecting. Had a good 17 years of not working weekends by choice but it doesn’t phase me anymore if I’m on the road. Past 6 years I’ve done plenty overnight stays away from home albeit in hotels but I’m not above tramping. Spent plenty nights in my campervan so go figure :smiley:
Physical aspect actually appeals to me a bit. At my time of life (wrong side of 45) being a bit more active is a good thing with the right diet I say.
Sister in Law used to be a Management Accountant at Stillers IIRC and I was at school with Michael Allinson although not same classes - think we did a few scout camps together as young uns though :grimacing:

Don’t just look at transport companies have a good look round see who else has vehicles that move there own ( Tyneside safety glass is 1 I can think of for sure )

Just a thought

As normal thanks for all the info