Class 2 Work Halifax Area

I know its a bit of a long shot & you guys will all want the best jobs for yourself ( i cant blame you) but i have recently been laid off by a company i was working for & still want to get work as class 2 driver prefereably in the Halifax area I was just wondering do you know of anybody recruiting - im already on with a couple of agencies but there a little dry at the moment.

PS im also doing my class 1 in a few weeks so if anyone knows of a company willing to offer class 2 work while i get my class 1 (i would drive class 1 for them once i pass) all information would be greatly appreciated. All work considered - nights out are ok but dont want to work nights thanks

all help greatly appreciated

Have you tried Expect they are down the M606 but i think they have a place in Halifax always recruiting but if youre really desperate theres Advance at Holemfield

Dafpower
You might get a better result if you put this question on the professional drivers forum(interactive) most of us lads on here are now retired. :wink:

Stanfield:
Dafpower
You might get a better result if you put this question on the professional drivers forum(interactive) most of us lads on here are now retired. :wink:

You speak for yourself John lol ,i might look like i`m ready for retirement but quite a way to go yet ive had a hard life :smiley:

Stanfield:
Dafpower

thanks for that i only realised after i had written the post & posted it as i had been looking at some old timey trucks and forgot to switch back

thanks for whoever mentioned advanced there litterally over the road from my house - so no excuse for being late to work also i couldnt apply till i got my class1 im training that at the moment.

as for expect i think they have a place not sure where it is though but i suppose i can give it a whirl & see what occurs

Yeah Im only 21 & a bit

a bit■■?

dafpower:

Stanfield:
Dafpower

thanks for that i only realised after i had written the post & posted it as i had been looking at some old timey trucks and forgot to switch back

thanks for whoever mentioned advanced there litterally over the road from my house - so no excuse for being late to work also i couldnt apply till i got my class1 im training that at the moment.

as for expect i think they have a place not sure where it is though but i suppose i can give it a whirl & see what occurs

Expect are at the top of the hill above shibden park and above the bridge that runs across the main road,if that makes sense to you ,you`re clever than me ,but i know what i mean :wink:

rigsby:
a bit■■?

Not being nasty Im 21 & a bloody rather big bit, But give it your best shot pal like a lot of us oldies did & with a bit of luck you will come out on top, Tell a few porkies & if you are determined enough to be a HGV Driver I hope you do well, Regards Larry.

when the "bit " over 21 exceeds 50 years i think one could be accused of telling little porkies larry . cheers , dave

ramone:

dafpower:

Stanfield:
Dafpower

Expect are at the top of the hill above shibden park and above the bridge that runs across the main road,if that makes sense to you ,you`re clever than me ,but i know what i mean :wink:

Ahh I know where it is now its the old pallet line place next to what used to be muck tubs uk ltd I know now its been a few years since I was up that way

Oh and thanks larry for the encouragement I can’t wait to get my class 1