Class 2 work for new pass in the North east

Recently passed class 2 (recent as today lol). Just looking for any advice on finding work, prefer not to work agencies I’ve worked multi drop on the vans for a while. I’m based in gateshead looking to work anywhere in tyne and wear/County durham/northumberland

:smiley: :smiley:

Try a search for “Class 2” jobs on indeed.co.uk

indeed.co.uk/jobs?q=class%2 … ad25181157

Thanks. Yeah I’ve searched on indeed and other job websites. I’ve applied for every job I have found. Wondering if anyone knows companies that are more likely to give a new pass a start

Biffa at both South Shields & Wallsend are after drivers early start early Finnish easy job decent money

Might be worth looking at some of the tipper firms as well

Tuffnels
Port of Tyne
Stillers ( newton Wycliffe which may be just a bit to far but they do take on new passes )
Fresh Freight Team Valley

Thanks animal
I applied for the biffa job on monday. I will get on to the other ones now.

Look at some of the tipper firms

animal:
Look at some of the tipper firms

I’ve been into thomsons and asked about work. Most seem to use agency and want experience

Off the top of my head:

Lescost Transport (Washington)
Beaches Transport (Washington)
Fishers Laundry (Newcastle)
L&L Braines (Sunderland)
Brakes (Peterlee)
Phoenix Steel (Jarrow)
Bidfood (formerly Bidvest) (Gateshead)

Or in your spare time, you could fill your car with copies of your CV and tour the local industrial estates. Ask for the TM at each firm you call at.

Garbo2018:
Off the top of my head:

Lescost Transport (Washington)
Beaches Transport (Washington)
Fishers Laundry (Newcastle)
L&L Braines (Sunderland)
Brakes (Peterlee)
Phoenix Steel (Jarrow)
Bidfood (formerly Bidvest) (Gateshead)

Or in your spare time, you could fill your car with copies of your CV and tour the local industrial estates. Ask for the TM at each firm you call at.

Thanks very much for your help. I have been in touch with a couple from your list, never heard of a couple so that’s a help. Im going out tmrw to drop some cv’s and see what i can find out. got an interview lined Thursday afternoon aswell.

I think moody haulage in cramlington is looking for class 2 drivers aswell…

When i was looking for class 2 I googled every transport company in the Newcastle area and rang all of them ( 20+ from memory) and got a start pretty much immediately. Didn’t have as much luck applying online so best advice is either ring around or go in person .

Edit: fishers in north sheilds won’t take you on without 1 years experience.
Good luck.

Be Modern ( South Shields)

Tyneside safety glass
Quayside foods
Henry Colbeck
JR Holland
Tyneside Express Services
All on Team Valley

animal:
Be Modern ( South Shields)

Tyneside safety glass
Quayside foods
Henry Colbeck
JR Holland
Tyneside Express Services
All on Team Valley

Thanks very much.

Truxx:
Good luck.

I had an interview at fishers they will take on new pass. I wasn’t interested in the job though seemed a very depressing place to work

Newcastle22:

Truxx:
Good luck.

I had an interview at fishers they will take on new pass. I wasn’t interested in the job though seemed a very depressing place to work

Strange. They told me they needed 2 years experience… also agree didn’t look like a nice place to work…