Class 2 vehicle lengths

Having driven the companies class 2 hiab vehicle for the last couple of days i am amzed by the various lengths of class 2 trucks.

Ours is a 11ton 24ft flatbed not including cab and hiab.

Some other vehicles look upto 30ft long. :open_mouth:

What is the maximum lenght of a class 2 vehicle :question:

Thanks in advance

starlocation:
Having driven the companies class 2 hiab vehicle for the last couple of days i am amzed by the various lengths of class 2 trucks.

Ours is a 11ton 24ft flatbed not including cab and hiab.

Some other vehicles look upto 30ft long. :open_mouth:

What is the maximum lenght of a class 2 vehicle :question:

Thanks in advance

On British roads, the maximum permitted length of a rigid goods vehicle is 14 metres (about 44 feet).

12 metres

mrpj:
12 metres

I thought that was the maximum length for driving tests.

SuperLez:

mrpj:
12 metres

FTA yearbook states 12m for all rigids; where did you get 14m from?

Under Construction and Use Regulations (Weights and Dimensions) the maximum length of a rigid vehicle is 12 m.

I hope it is only 12 metres,

anything bigger should bend :laughing:

SuperLez:

mrpj:
12 metres

Only a minimum length of 8 metres for C test, MAM of at least 12 tonnes, but the max length limit for a rigid is 12 metres, or 39’ 4’’ in old money.

mrpj:

SuperLez:

mrpj:
12 metres

I may well be guilty of confusing this with something else that I read (can’t for the life of me remember what it was!).

Having said that, if you were allowed rigids 14m long, I wouldn’t mind the challenge of driving one!

SuperLez:

mrpj:

SuperLez:

mrpj:
12 metres

I may well be guilty of confusing this with something else that I read (can’t for the life of me remember what it was!).

Having said that, if you were allowed rigids 14m long, I wouldn’t mind the challenge of driving one!

The minimum length for a CE test vehicle is 14m, perhaps you were thinking of that :question: :smiley:

mrpj:

SuperLez:

mrpj:

SuperLez:

mrpj:
12 metres

The minimum length for a CE test vehicle is 14m, perhaps you were thinking of that :question: :smiley:

That probably explains that! Perhaps the reason for my confusion was this - training companies tend to use vehicles that are a realistic size these days as opposed to the minimum standard, and you just don’t get any debate about such and such a truck conforming to the required standards as you used to.

My old Tally wagon had a 9 m bed and a sleeper cab i guess 12m is about right

12m rigid plus 2m overhang on load providing correct markers are fitted. =14m