Class 2 tramping

Does any body know of any companies in Kent that do tramping on class 2 ? Any info will be grateful, many thanks

theflyingdustman:
Does any body know of any companies in Kent that do tramping on class 2 ? Any info will be grateful, many thanks

Lenham or maybe swains at rochester.

I rang them last week enquiring about any possible vacancies, unfortunately its only day work they do for class 2. And they are just too far away for me practically for day work. But thank you for your reply

I wouldnt have a clue about Kent but know class 2 tramping is very difficult to find through out Uk.
I myself am looking for european class 2 tramping but apart from removals , and an odd film and music industry job it seems near impossible to find,
But if anyone knows of anything european in class 2 work please let me know and can relocate to anywhere in uk

What about firmins?

If you want the class 2 European tramping work so much that you’d relocate anywhere in the uk for it then why not just look at a company on the continent and go and work for them and come back every few weeks? Your only be back every few weeks anyway with a uk company if it’s proper European tramping work, and I imagine if your prepared to move anywhere in the Uk for a job then you don’t have dependants etc

By their very nature, rigids don’t tend to do tramping work. Have a look at exhibition companies, motorsport etc.

Must admit I found it hard on general haulage but got the occasional one. I’m now on bulk tippers and out all week every week. I can’t help with the Kent bit sorry but if you’re prepared to drive bulk tippers I’m sure you’ll find what your after mate.

Rowley010:
What about firmins?

If you want the class 2 European tramping work so much that you’d relocate anywhere in the uk for it then why not just look at a company on the continent and go and work for them and come back every few weeks? Your only be back every few weeks anyway with a uk company if it’s proper European tramping work, and I imagine if your prepared to move anywhere in the Uk for a job then you don’t have dependants etc

Thanks Rowley , thats a good idea but apart from google which doesnt throw up too much , how else would i find out of which euro companys which do class 2 tramping

Parker horse transport goes to Europe on class 2 lorries and they are based in Hythe in Kent.
01303 266621.
Or Google other international livestock firms.
AE George and sons Ltd in Bruton Somerset.
Edward or Joe Gilder Gloucestshire .
Transam , Fly by Nite and Stage truck for European concerts and festival events.
What with Glastonbury festival looming they may need some extra help.

A big thank you to all of you that replied

I used to tramp class 2 in Europe. They are out there! :wink:

I would like to stay in the UK though to begin with.

Harry Monk:
By their very nature, rigids don’t tend to do tramping work. Have a look at exhibition companies, motorsport etc.

Don’t they ? I get 2 nights most weeks some times 3 in 18t , the 26t guys some times get 4 nights :wink:

theflyingdustman:
I would like to stay in the UK though to begin with.

Afs haulage in Hampshire , even if your not on night out you can stay in truck in yard access to shower and shops short car drive away
one of our blokes catches a ferry from IOW on Monday and don’t go back till Friday

Just out of curiousity, does any 1 know what firmins are like to work for ? Conditions, vehicles, etc. Many thanks

Thank you blue estate

blue estate:

Harry Monk:

Don’t they ? I get 2 nights most weeks some times 3 in 18t , the 26t guys some times get 4 nights :wink:

I used to tramp most weeks in a Class 2 when i was on general work.Some weeks i’d be out Mon to Sat.

blue estate:

Harry Monk:

That’s because they just don’t want to see you each day mate! :wink: