Class 2 Tramping??

hi im new on here. Does anyone have any infomation on class 2 tramping? ive been driving skip wagons and the occasional ro-ro for 2 to 3 years now and, tbh im cured of the smelly tips, the human skip rats and the arrogant site foreman i deal with on a day to day basis. I would love to do some driving around europe though a doubt to many firms send class 2s over to europe im in the North West but would happily travel to the midlands, even london and the north east for work after all if im tramping it would only be one round trip a week. any information would be greatly appreciated.

Best to do your Class 1. I’m doing it in March because I want tramping jobs but the place I’m working at the moment only really has enough for maybe 2 nights, 3 at a push, out a week. However there are firms that do tramp in Class 2’s, hell I’ve seen guys in 7.5t going all over Europe. One of the guys who I was put with during my induction week had been driving all over Southern Europe in a Merc Atego.

For class 2 European work approach the concert and rock and roll firms such Fly by nite, Stagetruck, or Transam.
Then there are international furniture removals, fine arts and antiques.
Also Tv and film transport to Europe.
Livestock haulage is another option.
Urgent delivery services, and car transport firms such as On Time that specialize in expensive cars.
Transport firms that meet deadlines to supply factories , car factories requiring urgent parts.
Bryan Yeardley is expanding in concert and exhibition work, they are based in Wakefield.

Sick of ships

The only class 2 tramping info I knew of is now ten years plus out of date. Maybe worth trying. PC Howard’s used to do it. Poor money back then. Robson’s of Spalding used to use class 2 trampers on garden centres and general. Not great money but was a fun job and good people back then. I moved onto class 1 with them. Can’t vouch for now though

Hi sickofskips.

We do tramping class 2. Its bulk tipping, and we have more new vehicles coming in the next few months.
If you fancy knowing more, pm me.
BTW I work for Robinsons of Worcester.