Class 2 training tomorrow

hi

I start my class 2 training tomorrow morning with bypass training and have the test next Thursday. hopefully all goes well I will update how I’m getting on as I go through

Give me a wave if you see a red AFS 18t with a chubby guy driving I’m in T31
I’ll try not to cause you any problems

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks and I’ll keep a look out

just back from my first lesion and it seemed to go pretty well we went down to the test centre to see the reversing area and centre then did some driving around Bottley and eastleigh areas with lots of roundabouts. there was a lot to take in but I think it went well so back tomorrow for the next one and hopefully keep going like this

07:30 start tomorrow

That slope as you turn in to the estate is a nice one , even better when they’re queuing for the tip

yea its an experience luckily there was no one queuing today though but I’m surer that wont last long

day 2 done no more training until Monday. I think it went quite well I want around bottly, Eastleigh down by Gosport though Stubbington and back to bottly area on the motorway twice once when it was busy and once when quiet so I could get up to speed I really enjoyed it and feel like I’m getting used to it a lot more now. the instructor said the main thing to work on will be junction approaches backing down a little earlier so I will give that a practice in the car over the weekend and hopefully that will help

How did you find the narrow bit on titchfield lane just up from the working mans club ?

I haven’t gone down that bit yet but I did the roundabout in Parkgate by the talisman where the garage is going to Burridge that was really tight there. I think I’m doing Titchfeild common and round there on Monday so ill keep an eye out for that bit

I had day 3 today and it didn’t go as well as the rest. it started good when I had to reverse out (my first time reversing a truck) and managed that I thought ok. the instructor said I shouldn’t have to much trouble with the reversing exercise hopefully he’s right. then when I was out on the road I needed to keep my speed up more so I will have to work on that I drove towards Southampton and round that way and then though park gate I missed the junction I wanted on the roundabout but on the plus side didn’t do anything wrong other than miss it I was in the right lane and indicated so that’s something. then going around Fareham town in the one way system I clipped a curb on a tight bit so we went round to try again this time I only just caught it but still hit it so tried again this time I missed it so was pleased but need to take more care and use all of the room. I clipped another curb as wall on another tight turn on a roundabout I’m hopping it was just a bad day being as it seems its part of the training having a bad day during the training and hopefully back to normal. I still gained plenty so its not all bad and fell like I learnt a lot even though I clipped the curbs. towards the end the instructor said I was starting to pick up by speed better

fingers crossed it was just a bad day for me

I don’t think anyone on here hasn’t had ONE bad day training. It sure helped me when I had mine :smiley: Just think you got to make mistakes to learn from them, and all to iron them out ready for your test .

thanks for that and I think your right, today was much better. When around where I clipped the curb, I did it first time much easier today so hopefully that’s going to sink in. I also done the reversing exercise which I was worrying about, but after doing it I’m much more confident in it now (at least for the test) I think it helped that I have had a bit of practice in my other lessons reversing in the yard to get the truck out. I think that’s really helped me. My last full lesson is tomorrow then the test Thursday hopefully that’s my bad day gone and ill get though it

Surprised that you haven’t done a reverse until day 3, I done reversing first thing each day before leaving the yard.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

last lesson today so test tomorrow I think it went pretty well I went around Southampton then Wickham and in to Fareham did the corner I clipped the other day again and did it this time only just but I know exactly what I did I should have straightened a bit earlier then back on the turn everything else went ok the instructor said I just need to remember to slow down a little more coming to roundabouts and junctions but he thinks this is down to it being so quiet today so I will remember all of this for tomorrow and remember to keep a good look out for restrictions signs and hopefully I will have good news by this time tomorrow

I have done a lot of reversing in and out of the yard just not the exercise that yesterday was the first time doing that but I think the reversing around the yard has really helped me as I’m moving around corners and other vehicles so that’s really helped the reversing exercise

That’s the test done and I passed I got 3 minors pleased is an understatement :smiley:

Congrats knocker, I’ve been watching your thread, but couldn’t think of anything annoying to say! :laughing:
But now I’ll just congratulate you on becoming a VAN driver and wish you the best… :smiley:

Thanks now to start van job hunting :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley:

Congrats and hope you find a good job.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk