Class 2 to Class 1?

Hi everyone,
I’ve booked my class 1 training and practical test with the same company just after passing my C2 1st time with few minors.I haven’t had not enough experience with my C2 that i thinking maybe its a bit soon. A C1 friend of mine have push me to book it But now i’m thinking to postpone it as the company allows it before 10 days of the training. PLSE let know me any your thought to go for it or not. tks

I think go for class 1 as you have got everything refreshed in your mind. For me i went for class 1 didnt pass it and now i took the different route to gain some experience from class 2 and save that money to go for me class 1. Get this class 1 out of the way and its more money doing class 1 jobs than class 2s like but it will be a massive jump from a car to class 1s Good luck anyway.

I passed my class 2 in May and booked my class 1 as soon as I got my licence back in. Passed that in July. I got 1 minor in both my tests.
I felt I done better in the class 1 test due to the fact I knew the routes and the trainers.
It worked for me but doing it that way sometimes isnt for everyone.

I also only had 3 Saturday shifts on a rigid between passing class 2 test and going for the class 1

Are you confident enough at driving? If so just book the class 1 whilst its still fresh in your mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tricky 21 Jan:
I passed my class 2 in May and booked my class 1 as soon as I got my licence back in. Passed that in July. I got 1 minor in both my tests.
I felt I done better in the class 1 test due to the fact I knew the routes and the trainers.

I also only had 3 Saturday shifts on a rigid between passing class 2 test and going for the class 1

Are you confident enough at driving? If so just book the class 1 whilst its still fresh in your mind

Thanks a lot mate really appreciate and definitely changed my mind to go for it. There a lot more class1 jobs than 2.

crazyplay:
I think go for class 1 as you have got everything refreshed in your mind. For me i went for class 1 didnt pass it and now i took the different route to gain some experience from class 2 and save that money to go for me class 1. Get this class 1 out of the way and its more money doing class 1 jobs than class 2s like but it will be a massive jump from a car to class 1s Good luck anyway.

tks a lot mate and will do.

Tricky 21 Jan:

Just new to this forum having passed my class 2 2wks ago and patiently waiting on dvla sending my licence out but like yourself tricky I decided to do my class 1 (start 14th nov ) I have no xp what so ever and cant get class 2 work till I get my licence through the door. I hope I can get agency work on class 1 if I pass as that’s what I wanna do, hopefully agency work class 2 till I pass class 1 .ps may not be the right thread but anyone know good agencies up here in north Lanarkshire Scotland to register with…cheers

davest300:

Tricky 21 Jan:

Just new to this forum having passed my class 2 2wks ago and patiently waiting on dvla sending my licence out but like yourself tricky I decided to do my class 1 (start 14th nov ) I have no xp what so ever and cant get class 2 work till I get my licence through the door. I hope I can get agency work on class 1 if I pass as that’s what I wanna do, hopefully agency work class 2 till I pass class 1 .ps may not be the right thread but anyone know good agencies up here in north Lanarkshire Scotland to register with…cheers

Agencies;

ADR, Virtue, Driver Hire (First Personnel) all in Bellshill Ind Estate

Global who are based in Glasgow/Hamilton

They are all the local ones I know of

I signed up to ADR and Global months ago now and still waiting on their promise of weekend work