Class 2 Test Completed...........PASS!

That’s me booked in with Ritchies in Glasgow.

Must have got a cancelation or something as my training starts this Friday. Friday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday test on the Thursday.

They said although I have grandfather rights they only award 28 hours to CPC drivers card so if I pay an extra £20 per day they will be able to award me the full 35 hours required. This sound about right? So that’s on top of course at £1075.

Really can’t wait to get started now. Anything I should chew over before I go to training?

I passed my Class 2 with Ritchies a few weeks ago, was very happy with them and no complaints. My training had the same schedule i.e start Friday, test on Thursday. The trainer said something like “You’re going to go home tonight with your head spinning, so it’s probably good you will have the weekend to think about it all.” He was right! Having those two days to reflect worked wonders for me and the other guy I was with - we both turned up Monday and drove much better than the Friday.

So, prepare to be a bit overwhelmed at first! Their class 2’s use the “4 over 4” gearbox so you might want to look here to get familiar with them Introduction to a couple of 8-speed gearboxes WITH PICS - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK… You’re told to move off in 3rd, then change to 5th - Instructor will talk you through all that though.

Top tips? Listen to the instructor. Try to enjoy it. Know that the first day will be a massive learning experience but that you will get used to it over the following days. Good luck :slight_smile:

:open_mouth: That’s a good price ! . Good luck , all the best :sunglasses:

I have grandfather rights also , I never got any of my drivers training awarded to my cpc ! , so had that to pay on top my training last year and sit on school chair for 35hours :frowning:

Richies have an excellent reputation. Good luck with it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

John71:
I passed my Class 2 with Ritchies a few weeks ago, was very happy with them and no complaints. My training had the same schedule i.e start Friday, test on Thursday. The trainer said something like “You’re going to go home tonight with your head spinning, so it’s probably good you will have the weekend to think about it all.” He was right! Having those two days to reflect worked wonders for me and the other guy I was with - we both turned up Monday and drove much better than the Friday.

So, prepare to be a bit overwhelmed at first! Their class 2’s use the “4 over 4” gearbox so you might want to look here to get familiar with them Introduction to a couple of 8-speed gearboxes WITH PICS - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK… You’re told to move off in 3rd, then change to 5th - Instructor will talk you through all that though.

Top tips? Listen to the instructor. Try to enjoy it. Know that the first day will be a massive learning experience but that you will get used to it over the following days. Good luck :slight_smile:

Cheers John. Good to hear they are decent. I’ve been for an assessment drive with them and was very impressed. Just a shame I can’t be guaranteed the guy that took me out, nowhere many have assured me they are all great in there.

The Friday - Thursday seems weird but as you say it’s probably a good thing. If I wanted Monday - Friday the first available course for me would have been 18th May. Best getting in now and getting it done.

Cheers for the tips I will have my ears pinned back taking the instructors advice.

Victa1:
:shock: That’s a good price ! . Good luck , all the best :sunglasses:

I have grandfather rights also , I never got any of my drivers training awarded to my cpc ! , so had that to pay on top my training last year and sit on school chair for 35hours :frowning:

Cheers buddy, I’m happy enough with the price. I was getting it cheaper again elsewhere but the service wasn’t what I expected so I’m comfortable paying a bit more.

Peter Smythe:
Richies have an excellent reputation. Good luck with it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Peter, I’ve been advised they are pretty good so I’ll just listen, do what I’m told and hopefully pass!

Well that’s me off to start training today.

Went to bed at 10pm to get a good sleep and ive seen every hour on the clock. Just new that would happen haha.

Anyway it’s time, fingers crossed! I may just add to this each day incase I can get any extra help for my training on here!

Wooohoooo what a first day, loved it. A wee cheeky pull out infront of a private hire driver on a roundabout. Apart from that did ok including a trip on the M8 towards the end and a reversing manouvere at the end!

Lovin it!

Day 2 - Bring It!

A bit apprehensive but looking forward to it. Maybe overthinking the reversing exercise, I did it ok the other day but just need to have a few goes I think to put me at ease.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it! You probably had good weather for it today if ■■■■■■■■■■■ was any indication i.e. snow, rain and sleet. Had a period of almost monsoon conditions during one of mine, trainer said “Thank god we did the reverse this morning!” :smiley:

Pretty sure you will get the hang of the reverse, it’s easy if you just follow what the trainer said. Like you say, a few more tries and I’m sure you will stop worrying about it. Good luck and keep having fun (despite the nerves, which I’m sure everyone feels). :slight_smile:

John71:
Glad to hear you are enjoying it! You probably had good weather for it today if ■■■■■■■■■■■ was any indication i.e. snow, rain and sleet. Had a period of almost monsoon conditions during one of mine, trainer said “Thank god we did the reverse this morning!” :smiley:

Pretty sure you will get the hang of the reverse, it’s easy if you just follow what the trainer said. Like you say, a few more tries and I’m sure you will stop worrying about it. Good luck and keep having fun (despite the nerves, which I’m sure everyone feels). :slight_smile:

Reversing was fine today thankfully, think I’ve got the hang of that although not going to let complacency kick in.

Mistakes today were stupid things although I don’t think any of them would be fails unless I continue to do them. All simple fixable things so long as head is in the game.

It was a great day for it right enough, sun, sleet, light rain, snow. At least Im getting different conditions.

Different instructor today from Friday and brilliant aswell. 100% made the right choice doing my training with these guys. Good fun, simple explanations and honesty. Still really enjoying it and hoping for the best over the next few days.

What a riot this week has been. Amazing training, great laugh and experience of driving truck all weather conditions.

I’ve been told I’m good to go for a 10:30am test tomorrow and really starting to brick it now. Need to get an early bed and hope the arse doesn’t collapse tomorrow.

H4L:
What a riot this week has been. Amazing training, great laugh and experience of driving truck all weather conditions.

I’ve been told I’m good to go for a 10:30am test tomorrow and really starting to brick it now. Need to get an early bed and hope the arse doesn’t collapse tomorrow.

Nothing like a driving test to loosen the bowels :smiley:
Good luck with it tomorrow.

All sounds good. All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers guys, just hoping it goes well.

Best of luck with the test.
Hopefully you won’t balls up the reverse like I did yesterday. Doh! :blush:

Good luck pal. Try this method= attach 7 £20 notes to a hat with clothes pegs. On each peg,stick a post-it stickie with the following letters (in order) S , S , S , S, H, H and on the final one,an exclamation mark.

Put your new hat on once you are alone with the examiner.

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck fella,you sound confident…just remember over confidence brings lack of concentration,keep it together and stay alert.

Cheers guys, notes kept in reserve and no chance I’m letting the confidence get me. I’m naturally a cocky git but cautious and like to ■■■■ myself under test situations.

There’s no room for complacency, overconfidence or major mistakes. That’s not to say I won’t find one of those things like the eejit I am.