Class 2 PTO pump off

Morning, has anyone done the above, XPO are advertising for an ADR PTO pump off class 2 driver in my area and was wondering what it entailed, it doesn’t mention tanks in the advert although all I can find on YouTube are tankers with PTO pump off! Cheers

In all liklihood it will be tanks. You can use a PTO to pump off from containers like drums or IBCs, but the room a PTO takes on a vehicle means it’s unlikely to be fitted to a non-tank vehicle on class 2, compared to a class 1 where it could be fitted to the cab and used as required.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

In case you don’t know what a PTO is, it’s basically an addition to the gearbox which draws power from the engine to drive a variety of ancillary equipment, all you need to do is have the engine running and push a button/turn a knob (on manual gearboxes you’ll need to dip the clutch first), and maybe set the cruise control to about 800rpm if that’s not automatic.

I know, drivers of newer vehicles may laugh at my description of having to dip the clutch, but we haven’t all had the luxury of up to date trucks :laughing:

Zac_A:
In case you don’t know what a PTO is, it’s basically an addition to the gearbox which draws power from the engine to drive a variety of ancillary equipment, all you need to do is have the engine running and push a button/turn a knob (on manual gearboxes you’ll need to dip the clutch first), and maybe set the cruise control to about 800rpm if that’s not automatic.

I know, drivers of newer vehicles may laugh at my description of having to dip the clutch, but we haven’t all had the luxury of up to date trucks :laughing:

Yeah thanks, I know what a pto is, I used it alot when I left school and worked on a farm…

Heard back from them this morning, its a 28t carrying ibc’s to be pumped off, interview later today, then hopefully if goes ok start in the new year.