Class 2 jobs in Bristol

Hi all, been a reader on here for several months but thought I would make my first post.

Anyhow, I’ve been driving for around 3 months now passed my class 2 in Feb. I currently work as a bin truck driver. Had enough of that now due to organisation or lack of at the company. I only took the job to get some experience.

I’m after a job preferably Monday to Friday but would also seriously consider a supermarket driver position. I also had some class 1 training and got told by my instructor I’m in his top ten trainees but I failed on the reverse on the test! God knows how I done it as I done every one in training spot on so I was really disappointed with myself as I had expectations and so did my instructor he said he would be surprised if I came back with 2 minors.

Anyhow waiting for a retest but after a new job I feel I have gained some good experience the last few months. Would like some guidance in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Charlie.

Not wishing to offend mate, but can’t resist the comment…

Do you think you will also be the agency’s best driver as well? :open_mouth:
:laughing:

As for advice, I’d say pass your class 1 to open more doors and; be keen, polite, clean, safe, decisive and have your mind/eye on the job!
Do all that and you’ll be fine… :smiley:

Try Co-op Avonmouth for class 2 work, pays around £27k and they always want good drivers. I am told that you’ve got to do everything by the book to be kept on though. If you get class 1 then it’s easy work and over £30k. Again, only saying what the drivers have told me.

Try I j mcgills in key sham, wrings transport in Severn beach, david Hathaway in yate, prompt transport in warmley, wise mans dairies avonmouth, east west transport avonmouth, sure way express avonmouth, culina chilled avonmouth ( I think they have a couple of rigids). All these also run artics so when you pass your test there’s a chance of moving up.

Once you pass class one are you looking at days, nights or tramping? If days you could look at farm foods avonmouth, great pay! Or tramping many of the above or Savilles freight in longwell green are a good laid back outfit and good place to learn.

Living in Bristol you’re in a great area to find work as there is plenty of opportunities around.

Best of luck mate.

Not sure what the pay is on the bins is an easy number , 5 days ,no shifts , early start early finish sounds OK why leave to be messed about …a lot…on an agency ? I see a few guys in the same job home early & relaxing on the week ends …whats not to like ?

As mentioned try the co-op they are always looking and will keep you busy plus once you’ve done your class 1 you’ll get some experience quickly. Culina tend to want drivers every now and then so give them a go their class 2 work is Monday to Friday. You’re in the right place for driving jobs and there’s more opportunities on the way.

Chunkzilla:
Try I j mcgills in key sham, wrings transport in Severn beach, david Hathaway in yate, prompt transport in warmley, wise mans dairies avonmouth, east west transport avonmouth, sure way express avonmouth, culina chilled avonmouth ( I think they have a couple of rigids). All these also run artics so when you pass your test there’s a chance of moving up.

Once you pass class one are you looking at days, nights or tramping? If days you could look at farm foods avonmouth, great pay! Or tramping many of the above or Savilles freight in longwell green are a good laid back outfit and good place to learn.

Living in Bristol you’re in a great area to find work as there is plenty of opportunities around.

Best of luck mate.

I’m not sure you’ve done him a favour there with some of those names mentioned above but I suppose we all start somewhere.

bald bloke:

Chunkzilla:

Best of luck mate.

I’m not sure you’ve done him a favour there with some of those names mentioned above but I suppose we all start somewhere.

True, not all of them have the best reputation, they were just a few firms I could come up with off the top of my head. Any in particular to avoid should I need to start looking again?

I was talking to a friend who works at the CO-OP , he was telling me that Cullina are not good, few guys went to co-op ?

I wouldn’t touch prompt with a dirty stick Co op are crap I’d say hovis but they’re just as bad :wink:
You just gotta take your chances I suppose

Ever considered tipper driving?

Don’t know about your area of the country but where i am there’s plenty of work about.Mon-Fri days and the pays much better than alot of other Class 2 jobs around these parts.

Be warned though… being a tipper driver automatically qualifies you as an unwashed,brain dead kamikaze pilot to some on here [emoji57]

nick2008:
I wouldn’t touch prompt with a dirty stick Co op are crap I’d say hovis but they’re just as bad :wink:

Don’t think Farm Foods hang on to their drivers too long, the pays good but the job is rubbish unless you like that sort of thing . Settled into your new job now Nick ?

bald bloke:

nick2008:

Don’t think Farm Foods hang on to their drivers too long, the pays good but the job is rubbish unless you like that sort of thing . Settled into your new job now Nick ?

Oh yes thank you. Nice and easy on the 18:00 to 21:00 shift :grimacing:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

Oh yes thank you. Nice and easy on the 18:00 to 21:00 shift :grimacing:

Probably MD, MK, Stafford runs then, done Haverhill yet ? that’s a long night .

They give Haverhill to agency :wink:
Was in your place this morning again

nick2008:

I’ll look out for you then but off today back in Friday, I’m sure you gave the bunk a good seeing to although lately they seem to be tipping quicker, a couple of yrs ago 2 hrs was normal. Keep your head down.

phillips212:
Hi all, been a reader on here for several months but thought I would make my first post.

Anyhow, I’ve been driving for around 3 months now passed my class 2 in Feb. I currently work as a bin truck driver. Had enough of that now due to organisation or lack of at the company. I only took the job to get some experience.

I’m after a job preferably Monday to Friday but would also seriously consider a supermarket driver position. I also had some class 1 training and got told by my instructor I’m in his top ten trainees but I failed on the reverse on the test! God knows how I done it as I done every one in training spot on so I was really disappointed with myself as I had expectations and so did my instructor he said he would be surprised if I came back with 2 minors.

Anyhow waiting for a retest but after a new job I feel I have gained some good experience the last few months. Would like some guidance in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Charlie.

I can’t help you, but welcome on here Charlie.

Cheers all, I did a month at prompt on agency before I got this job. Actually quite enjoyed it. Think I’ll stay on the bins for a bit get some more experience. It’s not a bad job just some days get on top of you. Get about 5 hours minimum overtime a week. Usually done by 3-4pm. Suppose it takes a bit of getting used too.

Thank for the replies.

Got a class 1 retest in a few weeks fingers crossed.

bald bloke:

nick2008:

I’ll look out for you then but off today back in Friday, I’m sure you gave the bunk a good seeing to although lately they seem to be tipping quicker, a couple of yrs ago 2 hrs was normal. Keep your head down.

On the bunk ha. Been in your place 3 times and never been there long enough to look at the thing. Apart from the day I forgot to hit the X Factor button :blush:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

On the bunk ha. Been in your place 3 times and never been there long enough to look at the thing. Apart from the day I forgot to hit the X Factor button :blush:

Yeah don’t forget the button, it’s a good system though as it enables you to stay in the cab and keep yer keys so happy days. I popped in to your place Sunday for an hour just to catch up with a few old faces.