Class 2 in Europe

Just wondering
Are there many companies out there who run
Rigids into Europe regularly.just something that
Is eating away at me a little even though I really enjoy my current job doing
Uk work which is pretty much distance work.
Happy trucker

FCL, Fly by Nite, Conference Haul etc all have class 2 trucks in Europe pre covid.

EM Rogers in Northampton, mainly cars…

Horsey types but you need to have lots of knowledge about looking after horses.
Removals company but that’s a bit quite due to the batflu.

Happy Trucker1:
Just wondering
Are there many companies out there who run
Rigids into Europe regularly.just something that
Is eating away at me a little even though I really enjoy my current job doing
Uk work which is pretty much distance work.
Happy trucker

There seem to be plenty of firms more often running 3.5t vans around Europe …but usually East Euro based. :frowning:

Don’t be tempted to throw in a good UK work job to have to start at the bottom on Euro work.
Which could mean supposedly having to do UK work ‘first’.Before at best you’ll be considered for ‘promotion’ to short haul Benelux type runs.Or at worst a face fits pecking order which could be a lottery as to what you’ll be doing.

If someone says they need a driver to start immediately for regular distance Euro work no ‘previous experience’ required then maybe.
But realistically the East Euros have devastated what international work we had.
While the pecking order bs attached to the sector then or now often means that they’ll still want class 1 even if they’re only running 4 wheeler rigids.

Brian Yeardley international has class 2 on European concerts and exhibition work but not now with the Bat Flu , they operate from Featherstone near Wakefield .
Pulleyn international at Reading as well.

Are they all Class II drivers in those vehicles? Or are they all/some of them Class I, so they can move around different vehicles?

Premier Carriers in Bow, East London operate vans , rigids and artics to Europe.

Ok thanks for the replies so far.
Keep the companies coming just in case I go down that line .
Next question has driving abroad had its day or would drivers still recommend it.
Thanks

Happy Trucker1:
Next question has driving abroad had its day or would drivers still recommend it.
Thanks

Nothing is what it was. And never will be. Twas always so. But if you dont know the “good ole days” you wont miss them! :smiley: To your question, UK to Europe work is changing regards paperwork etc, and its uncertain what will happen in the short and longer term.
But why not try it? Give it a try. With Brexit plus COVID dont be giving up a good secure job for the moment maybe, but dont rule Europe out.

Franglais:

Happy Trucker1:
Thanks

Nothing is what it was. And never will be. Twas always so. But if you dont know the “good ole days” you wont miss them! :smiley: To your question, UK to Europe work is changing regards paperwork etc, and its uncertain what will happen in the short and longer term.
But why not try it? Give it a try. With Brexit plus COVID dont be giving up a good secure job for the moment maybe, but dont rule Europe out.

Thanks Franglais.
Good advise.
Certainly won’t be moving job in the near future with what’s going on in the world at the moment .
I have done a couple of runs to Toulouse in a van but that was over 20 years ago .
I also regularly drive down to Alicante in my car to collect wife from airport as she flies down as I would prefer to drive .
Bit different to driving abroad for work .

lot of home removal companiesrun rigids some are even wagon and drags out on euro work most likely to spain or france for people how have retired out there.u could ring round a few but theew bw some handball work plus cad sharing if u double man down

Special Carrier in Dover run a mix of vans and rigids all over Europe.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk