Class 2 in Essex (Southend area start)

I have had my Class 2 since September but every job I see advertised says they need 2 years experience, so how do you get that experience if they don’t give you a go??

I am available to work immediately and during the week/ weekends etc

Anyone know of any work for a newbie or point me to any agencies etc?

I’m going nuts and I just want to drive!!

Cheers

We are trainers based in Essex and have quite a few businesses that take our new passes. PM me with a few details. Age, points on licence etc and I’ll reply with some ideas.

Driver Hire
Premier Work Support
KLR
Jark
GBN
22 Personnel (believe they have the local council contract so prob be driving dustcarts)

That’s all I can think of atm but all of these guys have at least 7.5t work going which is great to gain experience.

James, make sure you send John a PM. I should know, he did the same for me - I live in Colchester and I’m still at the company he recommended. For which I’m grateful to him for :grimacing:

Good luck with your search mate,

adam277:
all of these guys have at least 7.5t work going which is great to gain experience.

Exactly, I did the same. But it all counts as experience, don’t see it as a negative if you get put in a 7.5t - remember you’ll have less weight limits, the back roads are your oyster :smiley:

Drive safely of course, plenty of muppets about.

Dan Bear 87:
plenty of muppets about.

What you implying Dan? :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:

Dan Bear 87:
plenty of muppets about.

What you implying Dan? :open_mouth:

Lol, not your good self mate :grimacing: , car drivers on the other hand . . . .

Good and bad in all mate…
Well except cyclists who are the devils spawn!!! :smiling_imp:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Glad you’re onto a good gig pal, best of luck with it! :smiley:

I’m not trying to take over this thread,

But yeah mate I’ve done a bit of shunting, and took a double deck to our other depot (5 min drive away)

I’m getting good at coupling up too, but when the fifth wheel slides under the trailer I feel like I’m going to back the unit into the trailer itself! Because there’s not a lot of room in between them is there :confused:, I’m sure it’s just a newbie thing.

Regards

Sent you a PM mate!

Evil8Beezle:
Sent you a PM mate!

Ooh lucky me! :laughing: :laughing:

adam277:
Driver Hire
Premier Work Support
KLR
Jark
GBN
22 Personnel (believe they have the local council contract so prob be driving dustcarts)

That’s all I can think of atm but all of these guys have at least 7.5t work going which is great to gain experience.

Cheers for that, much appreciated

Driveline in Laindon, they have some class 2 local agency work…

Hovis in Dagenham take new drivers on , they just took me and I had no experience . Just a word of warning though it’s very early starts ( between 1.30 and 3am ) that’s why I didn’t last , couldn’t handle the shifts but if u can its not a bad gig

jeffeddie:
Hovis in Dagenham take new drivers on , they just took me and I had no experience . Just a word of warning though it’s very early starts ( between 1.30 and 3am ) that’s why I didn’t last , couldn’t handle the shifts but if u can its not a bad gig

whats the pay like? - overtime available?
cheers

Tony Res:
Driveline in Laindon, they have some class 2 local agency work…

cheers

Did you send John a PM yet mate? Plenty of helpful replies here, depends how far your willing to travel.

Dan Bear 87:
Did you send John a PM yet mate? Plenty of helpful replies here, depends how far your willing to travel.

Hi

Yep thanks, I PM’d him yesterday so I will await his help
Cheers for help

Don’t know about overtime but the pay was £29,400 based on 4 on 2 off 48 week , as I said previously it was the shifts that did for me

That’s a class 2,radial driver (multi drop ) , go to there website and send your cv and sit a simple entrance test ( know your regs and a little bit of Highway Code) do a short assessment drive and your in , it was that easy