Class 2- day 5 and test

Righty ho, the last instalment of my training blog… :wink:
Well, I set my alarm for 09:15, but I woke up at 08:15 thanks to somebody texting me about fishing tomorrow…!!
Anyway, as the morning wore on, I was getting more and more nervous, so I decided to leave at 10:40 instead of 11:00 to start for 12!!!
It started off really omniously as I then got stuck in a tailback on the M3 between J12 and 13 and then my little Peugeot van started to overheat so decided to carry on and see how far I get before calling the AA out but in the end it sorted itself out, as did the traffic so plain sailing to the M27 and J11 where there was a queue of traffic because the Highways men were clearing debris off of it, and in the queue for that, van started overheating again… :unamused:
Anyway, gets to Zenith about 5 mins late, did a quick reverse then out onto the road where I did much much better than previous days, and Gordon even told me I was looking much more confident… :sunglasses:
Then off to the test centre, where nerves didnt come into play, where after a quick ■■■, we both went inside and waited for the examiner…
After doing the usual paperwork, me and the examiner headed out to the truck and went through the 5 questions, including one about the tacho which I wasnt told about so I b/s’d it (must have done good there, more later :wink: ), then onto the reversing which I did and was about to get out of the cab to have a look when the examiner told me not to bother (Gordon watched me do this and later told me I was dead straight on the “bay”), so then straight onto the braking, managed to stop within the limits, so time to leave the test centre for the road, on which I nearly ballsed up before even leaving by nearly going out of the entrance :blush:
I was a little worried when the examiner kept looking at his watch, but thought I’ll just continue on and ignore it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
The drive completed and back to the test centre where the examiner spent a minute or so doing his paperwork, and where I thought “here we go Ive failed it”, but the magic words were uttered “Im pleased to inform you that you have passed” :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
So after the examiner left the cab, I jumped out in search of Gordon and had a quick ■■■, and when Gordon appeared I tried to put on a straight face but I think the smile gave it away a bit… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
So back into the passenger side of the cab, Gordon looked at my test report and looked at me with a bit of a smile and told me I only had 1 minor, thats right 1 minor on gears :grimacing:
To say Im over the moon about it is an understatement :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Big Big CONGRATULATIONS MATE!!

:smiley: :smiley:

Nice one mate welcome to the one minor club, so far only known members are me and your good self, well done mate tres pleased for you :smiley:

Well done mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Simon :sunglasses:

Fantastic!! Well done that man!

Big grin firmly in place, I hope!

Cheers,

Simon

spd0121:
Fantastic!! Well done that man!

Big grin firmly in place, I hope!

Cheers,

Simon

Most definitely is… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well done matey :smiley:

Well done…

Thats 3 people i know who passed with 1 minor. thats an elite club!! To which I sadly didn’t make, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had a 2 after the 1!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: But i passed, thats the main thing!!!

well done mate and hope that smile stays for a bit then the right job follows :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done!!! Fantastic news :grimacing:

Well done m8 it’s great when you hear those magic words.

well done :slight_smile:

I was told that if the examiner says would you like your instructor to be at the debrief that means you’ve failed, after both mine i was sat waiting for those words :laughing:

You going onto C+E

Cynic-al:
well done :slight_smile:

I was told that if the examiner says would you like your instructor to be at the debrief that means you’ve failed, after both mine i was sat waiting for those words :laughing:

He just got me to park up, switch the engine off, filled that but of paper in then came straight to the point - I passed :laughing:
In fact after the reversing excersise, I was about to get out the cab and have a look, but he told me not to bother :laughing:

You going onto C+E

Certainly am - paid for the combined course, just going to wait for the licence to come back first… :sunglasses:

Well done!

regards
paul

well done its one of the best feels to pass

Congratulations, now lets see if you can pass C+E first time with 1 minor eh :grimacing:

Well then, DAF95XF - we all told you not to worry that you’d had one bad training day :frowning:

See, we all believed in you! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on a really good pass. :sunglasses: I bet it made your instructor’s day, too. :smiley:

EXCELLENT news, very well done, bet the smiles still fixed firmly in place!

Stu

Well done mate. Is’nt it the best feeling in the world when you pass. I passed in Jan and still looking for a job, any job i might add. Got a interview tomorrow for a letter stuffing job near me at £5.73 a hour, going for it before johnny foriegner gets in there lol.
Well done mate.