Class 2 Container Companies

I’ve just been doing some Container work out of Felixstowe and I’ve noticed there seems to be more Rigid vehicles pulling 20’s than a few years back. Is it because Companies are buying 20’s instead of 40’s and 45’s? Can’t think of many, Seven and MSC are the only 2 I can think of, doh, old age.

I’d have thought that a rigid on container work would be extremely limited in its working potential as generally speaking the smaller 20ft boxes are usually the heavier ones while the bigger 40ft boxes are often more about volume and can be a lot lighter as a result.

You sure there not drawbars with the trailers dropped.

Pretty sure that Seven and MSC run wagon & drags as opposed to rigid only so as kr79 says you might have seen them just without the trailer? Thinking about it though Seven might have a couple of rigid only.

The only firm I can think of that might be rigid only are green cabbed DAF 85 4 axle jobbies. Not sure of the name but have never seen them with a trailer.

Chopsticks:
Pretty sure that Seven and MSC run wagon & drags as opposed to rigid only so as kr79 says you might have seen them just without the trailer? Thinking about it though Seven might have a couple of rigid only.

The only firm I can think of that might be rigid only are green cabbed DAF 85 4 axle jobbies. Not sure of the name but have never seen them with a trailer.

Could be JJHaynes
Must be me, just seemed more rigids now than when i last did containers, about 4 years ago, lol. :laughing: