Class 2 and class 1 HIAB training?

Hello guys, I have tried doing a search but not found anything. Found some other interesting finds on the way though.

I have a question about HIAB training. I don’t need it but am very interested in doing it in the future.

Once you do HIAB does it last for life? Or does it only last for so long?

If you do an HIAB course on class 2 does it also count for your class 1 vise versa or do you have to do 2 seperate courses?

Does anyone know of a reputable training company and what prices would you expect to pay for such a course?

Are there more than one type of HIAB course?

Thanks, Nige :smiley:

An R.T.I.T.B. Hi-ab certificate needs refreshed every 3 years.
The course covers you for Class 1 and 2.
The cost is around £450 for a 3 day course.
There is more than one type of crane used, Atlas,Palfinger etc, the syllabus is the same.

I have a HIAB ticket lasts for 5 years before expiring, but then its just a refresher course As mentioned lots of different names for the cranes but principle is the same. can do the course in 1 day cost £250 I seem to remember this includes All aspects health and saftey and safe operation.

As you live in Oldham take a look at Enterprise < google them top quality training do everything from CPC to Class 1 and more one of the trainers there Colin is a top guy.

Thanks gsm31 and Bubble, Didn’t realise there where so many.

The prices sound reasonable too. Bubble I have googled it and found loads of stuff come up for enterprise…Is it the one at Pollard Street East in Ancoats? Enterprise LGV Tuition? 182.13p is what they are showing for tuition inc vat. Thats a top price. :smiley:

Yep thats the one one stop shop firm :smiley: but to be honest its a qual that just comes in handy it doesnt pay a great deal extra considering that you can lift up to 70 tonnes ! thought that you could lift a bit but not that much saw a training video and on it was this crane that had what seemed like a large boiler attached.
when told how much the thing weighed nearly fainted especially when instructor said you with the licence you could actually lift that kind of weight talk about responsibiity :open_mouth:

HIABs are great!!!!!!!!!!! I love em!! Although the extra money isntt that much its well worth doing. If you can find a local haukage company that uses HIABs then its well worth the experience. Everyday is different, different ways off lifting strapping down, and some of the places you go, youd never go with a normal haulage/logisitcs company They wouldnt dare!!! Its great fun and fairly cheap and easy to get. Better if you work for a company which uses them. Also can help get employment else where, as it shows you are willing to train and adapt to the companies requirements! As long as you dont mind heights getting wet for an hour or 2 and tramping around in the mud you`ll be fine :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hi there
did you do your hi-ab with enterprise ?
i trained with them and found them spot on and i am considering doing my hi-ab with them
was it easy ?
how long did it take ?

cheers

It’s a good thing to have but be warned there is no standard qualification for it, one certificate may not be recognised by another organisation.

Quite a few companies will fund it themselves for the right driver and they get the training done to their way of thinking.

I don’t get my hands on one much these days, but our work for a crane is mainly containers and cabins so I’m not really bothered too much.

If you look at my blog entries here from last year you’ll see some of the things that you might come up against.