Class 2 ADR work - What to expect

Been offered class 2 ADR job. Monies seems decent so I’ll do it but I have no experience. Anyone here can give me bit insight about what to expect in a days work.

Depends what sort of work it is. If its ADR package work then it’s a bit like general haulage work, but carrying IBCs or drums. If it’s tank work then it’s a breeze once you get trained how to load/unload.
Either way, it’s all fairly straightforward. You don’t really need too much product knowledge, other than what can be carried together, has to be segregated etc.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CookieMonster:
Depends what sort of work it is. If its ADR package work then it’s a bit like general haulage work, but carrying IBCs or drums. If it’s tank work then it’s a breeze once you get trained how to load/unload.
Either way, it’s all fairly straightforward. You don’t really need too much product knowledge, other than what can be carried together, has to be segregated etc.

Thanks, been told it’s chemical delivery work on flatbeds but driving fuel tanks when winter starts.

Sounds like you’ll be getting a real mix! The flatbed work will probably be multidrop taking drums of lubricants or oils to farms etc. The tanker work will be predominantly heating oils to residential properties, again multidrop work, but nice and easy once you get used to working a tank.
Both jobs will involve a bit of handball, but mainly pipes or straps as opposed to any real heavy lifting

CookieMonster:
Sounds like you’ll be getting a real mix! The flatbed work will probably be multidrop taking drums of lubricants or oils to farms etc. The tanker work will be predominantly heating oils to residential properties, again multidrop work, but nice and easy once you get used to working a tank.
Both jobs will involve a bit of handball, but mainly pipes or straps as opposed to any real heavy lifting

Yes, been told it’s flatbed delivery work until 3 months. Will be permanent after that with pay rise and full time on tanks. They have to spend a lot on uniforms and PDP so it makes sense I think. I’ll give it a go anyway, cheers for the info.