Class 1 work for Newb!

Anyone know anywhere that will take on newbs im based in manchester and dont mind a bit of travelling ive tried everywhere with no luck and out of ideas now. Had interviews at Bratts and Worthingtons but the wages just arent feasable for myself and family. Any help would be brilliant thanks in advance.

Damo_hall:
Anyone know anywhere that will take on newbs im based in manchester and dont mind a bit of travelling ive tried everywhere with no luck and out of ideas now. Had interviews at Bratts and Worthingtons but the wages just arent feasable for myself and family. Any help would be brilliant thanks in advance.

Isn’t Worthies about £10/hr now?

My mate’s on Bratts on Class 2 and he takes home over £500 per week as a Mon - Fri tramper, so should be a touch more for Class 1?

Andrew Porter was recruiting if you don’t mind a couple of nights out per week, job’s easy enough, £475 per week top line + £25 per week meal allowance + night out money, own truck, mon - fri etc

Maritime?

Ive had an interview at Bratts and i was told 8 pound an hour on class 1 and 10 pound an hour for Saturday he told me drivers are taking home just over 300 on average so i dont know how hes managing that.

Yeah ill try Andrew Porter i dont mind a couple of nights out a week just not a full week id like a little bit of a life!! Aslong as i can take home 400 pw id be happy and its do able for myself.

Worthies was supposed to be 10.75 an hour on nights and at the interview this is what i was told and i took the job. A few days before i was supposed to start i got an email telling me their changing the pay structure and all drivers would be on 445 + 65 bonus if everything went to plan this was for as many hours as they needed me for. This set alarm bells ringing and i told them where to stick their job luckily i hadnt handed in my notice at my current job.

Anyone else know of anywhere i can try?

Bratts just over 300 a week on class 1 lol that is bad, no wonder they are constantly advertising.

How far are you from adlington/macclesfield try William kirks.

Damo_hall:
Ive had an interview at Bratts and i was told 8 pound an hour

Seems like the going rate with the haulers around Stockport. I was offered £7.15 ph at Simworldwide for Class 2 ADR job

And they don’t know where the new drivers are going to come from :exclamation: in this weeks commercial motor theres a bit in there about having a summit to talk about it.How about paying more money :exclamation: just a thought mind something to think about when heading to the summit on the driver shortage,but on the other hand just been talking to a driver who takes great pride in his truck bars,lights headboards etc and the company use his truck for all advertising and mag shots etc ,who buys all the toys and polish etc :question: I do out of my own pocket and clean it on my own time :open_mouth: all for £450ish a week in the bank inc nights out.no surprise the firm thinks the drivers get more than enough ££££.If this is the job you really want to do then go around a lot of small firms and chap there doors that’s what I did to start at 21 and got a start gave them 2 yrs to give them something back as there insurance risk/xs did go up,watch out for firms that will start you on lesser £ than experienced guys and firms that want you to pay the xs on the insurance if you should have a bump but good luck to mate hope you find the right firm for you

Ive got a start with a firm on monday its not the best but i think im going to have to bite the bullet for a while until i have a fair amount of experience. Its on nights start at 3 and after 8 goes up to 9.96 ph thats about best thing i can say about the job. They do all types of trailer even deckers so should pick up loads of different aspects of the job. Nervous and excited :smiley:

Damo_hall:
Ive got a start with a firm on monday its not the best but i think im going to have to bite the bullet for a while until i have a fair amount of experience. Its on nights start at 3 and after 8 goes up to 9.96 ph thats about best thing i can say about the job. They do all types of trailer even deckers so should pick up loads of different aspects of the job. Nervous and excited :smiley:

A starts a start mate…
My advice is keep plugging away and seek your “perfect” job.
I would have a ride round the small family hauliers on a Saturday morning as I think they are the best to work for,it really does pay off.

Ive heard this a few times about going round local firms but i dont even know any based in manchester. What ive been doing is whilst ive been parked up in services writing down the names of different companies that are parked up and firing cvs off to them and hoping for the best.

Damo_hall:
Anyone know anywhere that will take on newbs Any help would be brilliant thanks in advance.

The world should be your oyster, there’s a huge driver shortage out there apparently:lol::lol: