Class 1, what would you do?

Hello all, I currently have class 2 which I’ve held for just over 6 years, the company I’ve been with since passing has vans, 7.5t, rigids and artics and all drivers drive all types they are allowed too. Would you pay out for your class 1 for an extra 40p an hour basic, no problem waiting 2 years for a job as I’d just go on the higher rate, we also get time and a third after 8 hours, time and half Saturdays and double on Sunday so I’m sure it would add up, I’m just unsure whether to do it or not. What would be your thoughts?

Depends if you have any urgent calls on your money or not.

If you’ve got cash sitting in the bank earning nothing then do it; but don’t risk going into debt.

Depends if its just a job to you in my opinion…

Depends on your job security where you are. Should your job not be secure then having your class 1 would give you more options on the job market. The most basic problem new drivers to class 1 face is experience.
If you have a firm willing to give you experience then why not?

The money is there and wouldn’t put me in debt also I’d say driving is in my blood, you get bad days but also good ones, in general I enjoy what I do and the company I work for are generally easy going and pleasant to work for.

Got told along long time ago, the bigger the truck, the bigger the C*** that drives it lol :open_mouth:
Do what you feel is good :smiley:

Getting your C&E will give you more employment options and will eventually pay for itself. If your present company will employ you then I would say go for it.

Desperate:
What would be your thoughts?

If you plan to stay in this industry then go for C&E.

It gives you more options in the future.