Class 1, what would you do?

Hello all, I currently have class 2 which I’ve held for just over 6 years, the company I’ve been with since passing has vans, 7.5t, rigids and artics and all drivers drive all types they are allowed too. Would you pay out for your class 1 for an extra 40p an hour basic, no problem waiting 2 years for a job as I’d just go on the higher rate, we also get time and a third after 8 hours, time and half Saturdays and double on Sunday so I’m sure it would add up, I’m just unsure whether to do it or not. What would be your thoughts?

IMO I’d go for it, I’ve had my class 1 only 11 months, spent my hard earner cash but its worth it, but it depends what way you want to look at it.

It’s a single mans job really, luckily my girlfriend doesn’t mind seeing me once a week, but it can be hard when you’ve got a family, my dad had been a lorry driver for 35 years or so, the past 5 years he’s been working for univar a chemical place, good money and he’s home every night! That’s because he decided to driv class 2 instead.

Also depends what you want to do.

You already asked very recent :laughing:

Edit to add :blush: :blush: :blush: this is the repost :unamused: easy mistake

You have to do what you think is best for you man. If you’re happy doing what you are doing then keep doing it, if not then do something else. If you think getting your C&E will improve your life then do it, it will give you more options if you want to leave but that’s it.

Yeah get your class 1, it’s just cooler.

Do remember…‘with or without a class one’…your dingle dangle remains the same size.But it would add an extra string to your bow.

If you can afford it then go for it. It’ll open up many more job possibilities for the future and if your place will put you straight on to artics once you have the licence, you don’t need to worry about all this X amount of years experience nonsense so should you want or need to find a new job two years down the line, you’ll be in a much better position than you are currently in. That’s not to say there anything wrong with just driving a rigid, but options are always good.

Nothing to lose…By simply having it…you add additional cover to your future…Nobody knows what tomorrow holds.