Class 1 vs Class 2

Good on you Trouble. Aim to be a proper trucker.

If you drive a rigid you have a small ■■■■. (And it’s on your forehead). :wink:

eagerbeaver:

That may be , but I’m not a large ■■■■ shaped thing sitting in the drivers seat like the class 1 guys !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eagerbeaver:

:laughing:

I was driving a 8 wheel tipper last week, got a phone call from a ghost (literally :open_mouth: ) couldn`t say no.

Class 1 Drivers, Overcompensating for something since 1934! :laughing: :wink:

I mostly drive an 18 tonner, sometimes a 26 tonner and I have a Class 1 entitlement, but with no experience since passing my test in 07/2015 it does rankle with me a bit that I’m stuck in a big van.

When I reverse into a space between artics at a MSA, it does feel a little embarrassing.

Powerlifter:
When I reverse into a space between artics at a MSA, it does feel a little embarrassing.

Bit like this? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: One of the many puddle hoppers I`ve had the fortune to drive :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

class1 … that’s cute you pulling only one trailer wait till you play with the big boys driving b trains but there again the big boys with their class1 LCV licence hauling 2 53footers or in one companies case 3 53ft trailers look down on me :laughing: but not for me I want as much money as I can for as little sweat as possible and would drive a greasy stick up a dead dogs arse if it paid enough :unamused: :wink: :open_mouth: anyway back to the bar for another drink :smiley:

I almost applied for a job at SAL.

Dipper_Dave:
Although money is important I find my class 1 status equally as important. It would have to be a fair whack to tempt me to downgrade to class ■■■.

Driving is something I enjoy and whilst I’m fortunate enough to hold a class 1 licence I intend to use it.

If you just wanted to drive class 2’s your just playing at it. Similar to drivers who have never slept in a truck they haven’t experienced the full joys of trucking and should question their choices.

To some trucking is a lifestyle to others it’s just a job.
But at the end of the day it’s what makes you happy that counts.

+1…being happy is the most important aspect factoring in wages,truck,type of work,and .knwing by being a member of the 1 oclock gang makes you head and shoulder superior to all lower classes…i wouldn’t drive a wagon and drag,tanker,car transporter,heavy low loader haulage,class ■■■ or anything else other than flat out fridge work,and sometimes curtainsiders,and always in a decent flying machine…make your wages the way best suits you,and be happy.never mind what anyone else thinks.

Okokok. I’ve got a better way of measuring ■■■■■ here. Break your wage down to per axle on your unit. For example… hourly ÷ 4 axles for the 32t boys.
Mine works out at £11.19 per axle. Per hour.

CraigM:
Okokok. I’ve got a better way of measuring ■■■■■ here. Break your wage down to per axle on your unit. For example… hourly ÷ 4 axles for the 32t boys.

So you’re on £44.76 per hour? :open_mouth:

As for it being a better way it doesn’t take into account T&C’s, as basic hourly rates can be somewhat misleading…

If I remember rightly he’s driving an 18t, so he’s ONLY on £22.38 per hour :wink:

But I imagine CraigM would be the first to say his is not a typical wage anywhere in the country, and he has landed on his feet!

F-reds:
If I remember rightly he’s driving an 18t, so he’s ONLY on £22.38 per hour :wink:

But I imagine CraigM would be the first to say his is not a typical wage anywhere in the country, and he has landed on his feet!

Landed on his feet? More like hanging out the back of a page 3 model! :laughing:

Landed very well. It’s amazing what you get if you look and are prepared to live away Monday to Friday. Spoke to another driver dropping on site in his blinged up Topline thingmybob. He said he applied for the job but turned it down as it was an 18t…■■? He wasn’t impressed when I told him the job was for a year. Imagine 48hrs a week for a year.
So it’s all settled. Thread closed. I’ll drive class 2 any day.

CraigM:
Landed very well. It’s amazing what you get if you look and are prepared to live away Monday to Friday. Spoke to another driver dropping on site in his blinged up Topline thingmybob. He said he applied for the job but turned it down as it was an 18t…■■? He wasn’t impressed when I told him the job was for a year. Imagine 48hrs a week for a year.
So it’s all settled. Thread closed. I’ll drive class 2 any day.

Yep thread closed, you can lie back on your bunk contented.
If you’ve got one… :wink:

CraigM:

I must be doing it wrong. My hourly rate ÷ number of axles is £3.66 for the six wheeler and £2.74 for the eight wheeler. In which case I need to work for Uber to get a payrise :open_mouth:

Nobby_Clarke:

CraigM:

I must be doing it wrong. My hourly rate ÷ number of axles is £3.66 for the six wheeler and £2.74 for the eight wheeler. In which case I need to work for Uber to get a payrise :open_mouth:

That’s better than me £4.25 4 wheeler and £2.83 for 6 wheeler

blue estate:

Nobby_Clarke:

CraigM:

That’s better than me £4.25 4 wheeler and £2.83 for 6 wheeler

So that’s settled then. The smaller truck you drive,the more you earn :smiley:

I don’t even break 2 quid an hour! :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:
I don’t even break 2 quid an hour! :open_mouth:

Who cares though really, like any statistics, you can cherry-pick those to make things look good. At the end of day, if you’re happy, it really doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks, dreams, or comments about your salary or circumstances…