Class 1 training

I have found a driving school in my area but they do 3 day courses at 7 hours a time. What’s the bad and good points about it?

mickyblue:
I have found a driving school in my area but they do 3 day courses at 7 hours a time. What’s the bad and good points about it?

OK for C+E but not good for C

The jump from C to CE is less than from B to C and by the time a driver goes for CE much is already in place such as width and not speeding up to hazards etc

mickyblue:

Is the training 1:1 or 2:1?

If it’s one pupil and one instructor, you’ll be feeling the end of a 7 hour training day! If it’s two pupils to one instructor, how much driving time are you likely to get realistically? Also you say it’s for class 1 - is there a reason you haven’t gone back to the school you used for your class 2?

The truck is hard work. Gears are tired and it keeps jumping out of the gear you want to pull off in. Just shopping about at the moment but no doubt go back to where i trained last time.

I did many on all day 1 to 1 artic and as long as the road driving is split up with the reverse and un/couple along with a few short breaks then it works fine - the tired time will be from the 6 hour point usually and on occasion I have driven back

mickyblue:
The truck is hard work. Gears are tired and it keeps jumping out of the gear you want to pull off in. Just shopping about at the moment but no doubt go back to where i trained last time.

In tat case stay away as you will not enjoy it as you know

My Cat C was 2 full days on own then rest 2:1

The bloke I was with I cannot fault at all. top bloke but shame about the motor. The bloke I am meeting next Saturday for a assessment drive sounds a top bloke to. He even said he chuck in a few hours if needed to brush up on things that I find hard.

Motor is a DAF CF on 05 plate 16 speed (He told me)

Just wished Peter Symthe would get his arse in to gear and get that artic over to Peterborough!

Just wished Peter Symthe would get his arse in to gear and get that artic over to Peterborough!

Not being awkward, but why don’t you do the same and get to Mansfield!!! (Tongue firmly in cheek!).

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Not being awkward, but why don’t you do the same and get to Mansfield!!! (Tongue firmly in cheek!).

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sent you a PM.

I went to Chelmsford for mine so you could travel & stay over

For me it was better no I didnt tell anyone I was doing it so was more relaxed made it easier less stress dont think I put it on here even that I was going to do it