Class 1 Training

Hi guys, I’m looking to do my Class 1 very soon. I’ve been quoted in excess of £1300 from the company I passed my Class 2 with.

Just seeing if anyone knows of anywhere cheaper. I would be prepared to travel, dependant on costs. Oh and I’m from Portsmouth.

Thanks in advance,
Simon

Simongrove:
Hi guys, I’m looking to do my Class 1 very soon. I’ve been quoted in excess of £1300 from the company I passed my Class 2 with.

Just seeing if anyone knows of anywhere cheaper. I would be prepared to travel, dependant on costs. Oh and I’m from Portsmouth.

Thanks in advance,
Simon

Were you assessed to need X amount of training?

They don’t do assessments, it’s a standard 5 day course.

Simongrove:
They don’t do assessments, it’s a standard 5 day course.

I suggest you call around other local trainers for an assessment or two

then compare the price by the hour as well as who you think can get you to where you want to be

I recently used Bypass at Eastleigh and would highly recommend them. Cost was around £800 for four days plus test. I passed first time with only two minors.
Give them a call and they’ll arrange a free assessment drive for you.
Regards.

I’m from the same area as you, the 2 main ones in the area are 2 Start in Fareham (Artic) & Roadwise LGV (Drawbar) in the industrial estate in Portsmouth. I’ve no experience with 2 Start but I had an assessment with Roadwise. It’s an old MAN F2000 18t with a 20ft container drawbar on the back IIRC so quite a big vehicle. I called them for an assessment and they gave me one, perfectly friendly people & both accredited instructors but it was a slap over gearbox which I just couldn’t get my head around personally.

I know I’m nowhere near you bud, but I paid about £925 (including a loyalty discount for doing both C and C+E) for my class 1.

Remember not 1 size fits all

Have a shop around there are some god trainers on here if you are willing to travel & stay over

I done mine in Chelmsford with John flair training

A lot of people on here have traveled to gain good quality training I also done mine in a W&D it is much easier