class 1 training

hi people,

thinking of doing my class 1 training before Christmas. can anyone tell me what there like to drive and how to couple up to the trailer and the most I am worried about is reversing on your blind side.

cheers guys.

chris

Check out the LGV TRAINING TIPS thread

I was giving a tip don’t blind side reverse

Don’t worry about the coupling / uncoupling it will all be explained in your training as will the reverse as that is part of what you are paying for

I had my first go in an artic this afternoon having passed my class 2 test only a few hours before - having uncoupled the trailer, I was asked to move the tractor unit to the wash area.
Really nice inside, my wee boy (4) was in the middle seat, the brakes were far more sensitive that the rigid (maybe due to the air suspension and seat), can’t wait to start my C+E training on 23rd.

Not much but something for you.

Good luck with C+E.

Cheers
Gareth

Artics are no different to anything else you learnt to drive for the first time.

Learning to drive a car or ride a motorbike for the first time can be daunting.

Uncoupling is nothing to fret about. Coupling is not a major worry as long a you get the ride height correct, along with the other safety checks before and after coupling.

Blind side reverse is nothing to worry about either. If you can choose not to do it then obviously take that option.

gar374:
I had my first go in an artic this afternoon having passed my class 2 test only a few hours before - having uncoupled the trailer, I was asked to move the tractor unit to the wash area.

If you can get in some yard reversing with the artic then go for it

thanks, I will see how it goes.

how did you guys go about finding work? because I cant really find much with class 2 because everyone around my way are asking for class 1 drivers.

chrisil:
thanks, I will see how it goes.

how did you guys go about finding work? because I cant really find much with class 2 because everyone around my way are asking for class 1 drivers.

Same up here passed my Cat CE & it has opened many door for me was well worth it

As if you have Ce you can alway drop down to C where as if only have C you cant upgrade if they need you to