class 1 training

i looking at doing my class 1 licence in a few month.
ive got class 2 just upgrading for my new career !
im looking arround to see whats the best.
im in scunthorpe north lincolnshire anyone recommend a good place?
a nice chap on here Mr Peter Smythe was very helpful recommmended peterborough but thats to far away
ive spoke to the online one easyahgv hgvexpress and hgvtraining etc
just looking for some advice.

for me having a few of ex peter smyth drivers on my books, i would look at residential as they all seem to be as far as newbies go, ready to go.

quality training is worth a week away from the wife imo.

I used Peter Smythe at Connington airfield which is about 10 miles south Peterborough as you come down the A1, but you’re not that far from their Mansfield centre (which is their main training base) so that would be a better option I’d have thought.

Easy as hgv etc. are agencies you do not want to deal with an agency for your training.Have a long sit down on the newbees forum ,lots of good advice there for you.Keep us updated with your progress.

jason5150:

ERR … I think they are brokers

NEVER pay any money until you have gone to the school

Check out the link below in my signature

Ok thanks lads I’m looking in to it

jason5150:

Equired with Mr Peter Smythe seems like the best.residential course seem ok 4 days away from the misses !

jason5150:

jason5150:

Equired with Mr Peter Smythe seems like the best.residential course seem ok 4 days away from the misses !

I wonder if Peter can sort either the initial or some periodic driver cpc whilst you are doing the half days on a residential course
Not sure yet which you need - probably depends when you passed car test - before 1997 :question:

ROG:

jason5150:

jason5150:

I wonder if Peter can sort either the initial or some periodic driver cpc whilst you are doing the half days on a residential course
Not sure yet which you need - probably depends when you passed car test - before 1997 :question:

I did my class 2 in 2004 and did cpc last October on aquired rights

jason5150:
I did my class 2 in 2004 and did cpc last October on aquired rights

Get some dcpc hours doing C+E towards your next 35 :bulb:

Only advice I give is to do your training with a company that has a relevant vehicle to what you are going to be driving in your new job.

Why do your test in a Wagon and Drag and then not know how to couple up on an assessment drive which then costs you the job, I did mine in a artic, it cost me about £150 more but was worth it in the end.`

Why not give Doncaster GTA at Armthorpe a try - not far from Scunny■■? We use them a lot and they offer a free half hour drive/assessment with no obligation, to give you an idea of how much training they think you need. They do tests/training around Grimsby. They are based at Junction 4 M18. (01302) 832831 www.doncastergta.co.uk

• I can recommend them.

jason5150:
i looking at doing my class 1 licence in a few month.
ive got class 2 just upgrading for my new career !
im looking arround to see whats the best.
im in scunthorpe north lincolnshire anyone recommend a good place?
a nice chap on here Mr Peter Smythe was very helpful recommmended peterborough but thats to far away
just looking for some advice.

I went to chelmsford to Flair training for mine found it easier than local didnt tell anyone that I was going so no pressure only needed 1.5 days then test after Cat C

easyahgv hgvexpress & hgv training are all brokers stay well clear of them

Bu do go have at least 2 assessments with trainers see who you would like to give your money to