Class 1 training with ADR Network

Anyone have any experiences with this lot with regards to HGV training ? I’m more interested in the Bristol area (Co-op Avonmouth they are based).

Thanks.

In relation to? CPC course or actual driver training to get Class 1?

I’ve had very limited dealings with their agency side, at the NFT site in Patchway.

Is this a paradox? - An agency offering something labelled as “HGV 1 training” which implies that you get a licence through them - only to be told at the end of it “Sorry bud - you gotta have two years to work for agency”… ? Eh? WTF? :confused:

Charge you a couple of grand, and even if you pass - no job. Perhaps they’ll get another Mr Green turn up and knock the office about a bit… :smiling_imp:

lgvtrainingnetwork.co.uk/ - they look ok

Ahh yes. The “three local sites”. Well, to me, that was Thurrock, Enfield, & Sittingbourne (Nisa, Iceland, Morrisons) - all some distance from me. No mileage expenses in writing offered, and a contract hourage that requires 5 rather short shifts per week that won’t really make the commute & other deductions pay. “£50 a shift to start” was offered, probably for the length of the induction, and I couldn’t even get that “bounty” payment in writing for some odd reason they wouldn’t go into. Perhaps it was actually “unpaid induction” which averages out at £50 a shift once you’ve done the whole 5 shifts that week?

I was sucked into signing up by the offer of £14ph sundays @ morrisons" which is the closest of the above three to me, and doesn’t involve a toll crossing the river to get to work. Once signed up, I was told iI “could be on PAYE if I wanted, but the hours guarantee applies to umbrella contractors only”. Yep. I ended up getting bugger all. I refused to sign the open-ended hours contract, because I’d have no choice over what and where I’d be working if I did. 06:00 starts monday to friday would have been offered to me as a guess, which was no good to me whatsoever. I hate earlies with a passion. I wanted to cherry pick the higher hourly rate stuff, not be stuck with the £8-9ph guff. :imp:

I never did get any profitable paid work offered by them. :frowning:

Sorry to be a cynic, but you might want to pump for more info before committing here.
I’m surprised too, that these three supermarkets are apparently saying “2 years experience no longer required” as well. :open_mouth:

Herongate:
In relation to?

Any experiences anybody has of them when training for class 1 or 2.