Class 1 Training tomorrow

Hi guys I know there is tons of experience on this forum and I would like to ask if anyone has any tips for me as I start my Class 1 training tomorrow.

I have been driving a Class 2 now for a couple of months but have never set foot into a larger truck.

I am really looking forward to this as this is what I have been aiming for and need to get this test put to bed first time and get looking for work.

Cheers

Listen to your instructor as their purpose is to get you a pass.

After that you start learning properly but worry about that after you pass.

There is some useful CE stuff contained within the link in my signature below :bulb: :smiley:

ROG:
There is some useful CE stuff contained within the link in my signature below :bulb: :smiley:

Thank you

Day 1 completed and it mainly consisted of reversing (still trying to get my head around if the curtains appear in say the right mirror to adjust I steer right etc) and the coupling…re-coupling exercise.

I also had an hour on the road too which after the initial 15 minutes I settled into it quite well…a few wide sweeps on a couple of turns but other than that…OK

I am expecting more of the same today.

I cannot believe how sensitive the steering is too when reversing and how the trailer just will not stay straight and requires constant adjustment

I’m no pro at all (100% rookie) compared to some of the guys on here, Having only past my class 1 yesterday the best advice I can give you is take it nice and slow, As my instructor quaintly put it “Imagine you are chauffeur” slow and steady everytime. As for reversing just try and remember small adjustments. Best advice I can give you.

Dirty_Mascot:
I’m no pro at all (100% rookie) compared to some of the guys on here, Having only past my class 1 yesterday the best advice I can give you is take it nice and slow, As my instructor quaintly put it “Imagine you are chauffeur” slow and steady everytime. As for reversing just try and remember small adjustments. Best advice I can give you.

Congratulations, I hope I am celebrating next Tuesday!

Yes todays reversing has got better but I still seem to have moments where I watch the headboard rather than the trailer and as you say, i’m too aggressive with the adjustments…small required!

Kynszon:

Dirty_Mascot:

Yes todays reversing has got better but I still seem to have moments where I watch the headboard rather than the trailer and as you say, i’m too aggressive with the adjustments…small required!

That’s how you can spot a newer driver. Generally it takes a while to stop fighting the steering wheel but it’s one of those the more you do it kind of things.

Kynszon:

Dirty_Mascot:

Thanks I’m sure you’ll do fine